The Right Path for Upgrade NAD System

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Nads, thank for quick reply. Means, I can not choose Cyrus as my upgrade path?

Well now, I am totally confuse :(

matthewpiano

You really need to listen to Cyrus before making any decisions. It is a very very different sound to NAD.

Don't worry too much about output figures. Just listen with your own ears and choose what you like the best.

Dougal1331

Dec 30, 2007
Visit site
Tough:

Also for even NAD C272, even though on NAD appear is still appear but their local distributor say, NAD had discontinued it. When I asked NAD, they told me it up to local distributor to continue or discontinue. Well, we living in funny world, isn't it?

Yes, they are discontinued- secondhand is your only option.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Tough,

The 60 watts vs 50 watts is basically irrelevant. There's many factors that determine the sound quality of an amp. Don't worry at all about that. You do not need a jump in watts to hear sound improvements. Don't worry much about power output unless you switch to a speaker than is particularly hard to drive.

Regarding Merlin Mozart. They emailed me in the USA and said I could buy from them directly and they would ship internationally. If you want Merlin products, then email them.

A

Anonymous

jaxwired:
Tough,

The 60 watts vs 50 watts is basically irrelevant. There's many factors that determine the sound quality of an amp. Don't worry at all about that. You do not need a jump in watts to hear sound improvements. Don't worry much about power output unless you switch to a speaker than is particularly hard to drive.

Regarding Merlin Mozart. They emailed me in the USA and said I could buy from them directly and they would ship internationally. If you want Merlin products, then email them.

Hi Jaxwired,

Well actually I understand your justification but latest reply from Nads is really make me confuse. Since if I add Cyrus poweramp but it will not improve, instead decrease the quality of the sound. So why bother go with Cyrus then.

But based on your reply I will book a demo with Cyrus dealer. As I said, I want to use my current C236 as pre & connect to Cyrus 9 Amp power. What do you think the output on my B&W 685 Jaxwired? Anyone ever try this setup?

As for Merlin, I'd email them & I believe I got some reply as yours. So I also place online order for Mozart. I will update the result very soon I hope.

A

Anonymous

nads:
Just a thought, have you replaced the supplied jumpers between the pre out and main in?

I did and liked the result.

Nads,

Any preference or specification for this jumper replacement? Or can I used interconnect cable?

nads

i used a Tara Labs missing link. (as i have Tara Labs interconnects for the rest of the system) but why not try any interconnects you have spare to see if you can hear and difference and take it from there.

A

Anonymous

Currently I have no interconnect spare. I have to wait until my Merlin Mozart arrive. Then I can using my Chord Crimson as the jumper replacement.

But let me say again, is nothing wrong with my current setup. I love my Nads, they delivering good sound (on their prize level). I can not compare their middle with other. About my B&W, what can I said? Once I was very disappointed when I combined my Nads with Lektor 2. But after change it to B&W 685, I said, it much more better. Perfect match.

But, if I want to upgrade to achieve more (at least, near) original sound, as the musician is performing in front of me, which patch I should take?

A

Anonymous

Hi, just done with browsing & as result I choose Cyrus & Arcam as base of my upgrade. Am I make correct decision? These brand worth as a upgrade from NAD?

And for Jaxwired, just as info to you. As you aware, I had placed order online for Merlin & now 1 week already but the status still in "Pending Shipment". I'll try to contact them again & see the real status...

A

Anonymous

Tough:
And for Jaxwired, just as info to you. As you aware, I had placed order online for Merlin & now 1 week already but the status still in "Pending Shipment". I'll try to contact them again & see the real status...

Well, just found out Merlin can received overseas order via paypal account....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts