The Proac Studio 140MK2 owners club

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
It was not a love at first sight. First I heard the 140 MK2 it sound to me dull and dry, but after a long term listening I learnt to appreciate how great this speakers are :

fine tonal balance , ultra neutral sound with no artificial coloration, a deep bass and great resolution . This speakers simply lets the music flow naturaly so I can listen to them many hours without getting fatigueated . The music isn't just a background anymore but a truly involving experience .

I own the Proac140MK2 for about 9 month and found out that they are suitable for all kind of music from jazz and classical to pop and punk. When the music becomes aggressive they are like massive machine-guns with muscular bass without loosing control .Soundstage is always balance and realistic .This speakers are much bigger than their price tag but do need good amplification, cables and a long term break-in (about 500-600 hours ! ) to really shine .

I willl be glad to hear of other owners of this speakers for their experience and their system .

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi ISAC69,

I have the MkI version which I bought in 2007. I agree with all you have said but I don't know how much better the MkII's are.

What I love is the way they handle vocals, cymbals and acoustic music although everything sounds great to me.

I listen 90% of the time now in the kitchen through some ceiling speakers but when I do go in the living room with them I always get the "Oh Yeah" feeling.

They are rather superb sounding from a plain looking box by todays standards.

Seasons Greeting :cheers:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts