The Outlaw System Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Finaly my Brio R have arrived, some of you have read some of my route to achieve what i've today.

let me start to say that The wait was worth it every day.

Today I have exactly the sound I had in my head, but now is plaing through the Dynaudio's.

It all starts in Synology NAS, goes through the SBT, that never ceased to amaze those who hear it for the first time.

Then magic happens, goes to Rega DAC, there begins a charming part of the process, to be completed by the Brio R, each transistor, each capacitor plays a key role in all this magic!

And finally Brio R takes kindly in all the information and delivers to Dynaudio Excite X12 who were designed to please the most demanding amplifier.

Terry Bateman Thank you for reading all "those magazines"!

Thanks Roy Gandy for having gone against everything and everyone and produced this audiophile work of art.

Greater sound quality can be achieved? Yes it can!!!

But not with this budget!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Enjoy being in heaven....while it lasts (truth to tell, you're really in The Green Room).

Just wait until that little voice says, "If it sounds this good now, what would happen if I got a..... :shifty: ;)

Cno

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Enjoy being in heaven....while it lasts (truth to tell, you're really in The Green Room). Just wait until that little voice says, "If it sounds this good now, what would happen if I got a..... :shifty: ;) Cno

eheheehehe thanks Cno! But for know i'll rest and start to demo cables...

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
But for know i'll rest and start to demo cables...

See if you can sniff out some Vertere D-Fi stuff.....should be brilliant at getting the most from your system.....but don't take my word for it and dem some if interested.

Neuphonix

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I believe that it has something to do with the smell! :)

You know when you first open up all those lovely boxes & get it all set up, that "new component" smell lingers for days (weeks if you're lucky).

Then when it starts to fade the little fella on your shoulder starts whispering about the endless unexplored possibilities. If only you just spend a bit more money.......... >)

Enjoy, looks like a fine set-up :beer:

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Looks very nice, Outlaw!

Can I suggest your next step? Won't cost you an arm and a leg, and I'm sure it'll make you happy: buy more music, loads and loads of it! And enjoy your gear for the years to come!

:cheers:

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I bet your glad you waited for the Brio R, you have a lovely set up there - more or less the same as mine but I could only Rega speakers to work in my room with my budget!

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Enjoy being in heaven....while it lasts (truth to tell, you're really in The Green Room). Just wait until that little voice says, "If it sounds this good now, what would happen if I got a..... :shifty: ;) Cno

AVOID this at all costs!

Your Rega system is hitting the spot! Mine does as well, it on most of the day every day I never get bored and myth or not its the Rega synery your feeling!

If your happy with it just stick with it the SBT & Rega DAC is an extremely good streaming solution!

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
CnoEvil said:

AVOID this at all costs!

Your Rega system is hitting the spot! Mine does as well, it on most of the day every day I never get bored and myth or not its the Rega synery your feeling!

If your happy with it just stick with it the SBT & Rega DAC is an extremely good streaming solution!

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
CnoEvil said:

AVOID this at all costs!

A

Anonymous

Very nice indeed :D

Cant wait to hear the Rega later this week with the KEF R100's and LS50's 8)

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
stevebrock said:
CnoEvil said:

AVOID this at all costs!

ehehehe Cno is only being naughty. :cheers:

SBT and Rega DAC for the price you can get better! But that is just me... :twisted:

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
DocG said:
Looks very nice, Outlaw!

Can I suggest your next step? Won't cost you an arm and a leg, and I'm sure it'll make you happy: buy more music, loads and loads of it! And enjoy your gear for the years to come!

hi DocG

Throught the years that is the only thing i've never stop buying! I've bought my first record with 11 years and never stoped, it was a single from FRDavid - words... Please i was only a 11 years old boy with a crush. :oops:

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
DocG said:
Looks very nice, Outlaw!

hi DocG

Throught the years that is the only thing i've never stop buying! I've bought my first record with 11 years and never stoped, it was a single from FRDavid - words... Please i was only a 11 years old boy with a crush. :oops:

:rofl:

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
With the arrival of the RP3 I've to reorganize the Ikea Besta, so:

- No central speaker for the HC

- Bluray, tv box and Lacie Lacinema HD to the central speaker place

The result more space to the Brio, DAC, SBT and RP3 and a cleaner look in the end!

Best REGArds 8)

Almoust forgot, PICTURES!!!

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Here i'm enjoing my deserved holiday in Algarve, but did i leave my music behind...? :shame:

NO I DID NOT !!! 8)

The bed room sistem came along, NAD 3020i - MA RS1 - ipad connected to home Synology server and all my tunes at the distance of my finger tip!

GENIUS !!! I've dreamed having some thing like this 15 years ago, and now there you have it... :dance: :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts