The Magic is back with Clearaudio!!!

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
After upgrading my Brio R for the Phatos Classic One, my system gave a large step in sound quality through my Rega DAC.

But as some of you know vinyl plays a big part of my listening time, and with the Pathos I was left with no phono input, so went to my rega dealer and just bought one of the new Rega Fono MM V2. Been told by my rega dealer that the quality of this Phono stage was similar by the one in the Brio R, and that for me was good enough. ( this was 2mounth ago)

Arrived home and connected the phono to the system, and ready to play some vinyl, but... But all the magic was gone from my RP3, and how was that possible...?! The phono quality is the same as the one in the Brio R, the amp is better but the sound quality was worse... Said to my self, burn in time, give it some days... Gave it a all month and the sound quality was always the same...

Went to my Rega dealer and explain to him what was going on, i took the new Fono back for a check up, even took my TT for a stilus check up, alignment check up, and all was playing within normal figures, so took everything back home again and the TT just sounded dull, the bass response from my DAC was 2/3 times better... So the TT was off for some time... But every time i was listening to music through my DAC and looking at the TT in my mind i was sad...

So today when driving home from work the TT problem was on my mind and decided to drive by my Rega dealer to give a quick chat with him regarding my problem and wanted to give a go with other opcions, Rega Aria, Clearaudio ( he is a clearaudio dealer as well),

So brought home a ex demo Clearaudio Basic Plus and connected to my system and... AND.... AND MAGIC HAPPENED AGAIN !!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :dance: :dance: :dance:

UAU!!!! The step up that I experimented with My digital source through my Pathos, happend exacly the same with my vinyl delivery!

Clearaudio Basic Plus is a charm, loads of detail, TONS of controled BASS, so tuneful, even the most bad pressing sounds very nice.

It's magic all over again, a very good phono stage connected to a wonderful amp!

:cheers:

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
UAU, and double UAU!

just got up this morming and put on the TT Patricia Barber "Nightclub" the layers of detail are from another world, never heard the Dyns playing like this before... :grin:

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
For 5 days i've been listening to viny nothing elsel, no Rega DAC, just Rega RP3... 8)

This Phono stage is really that good! :dance:

Now just wondering how good a Rega Aria would be...? :? :twisted:

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
So the Rega phono amp. was no good but the one in the Brio R was fine? Sounds like it was faulty as I suspect its the same one?

Also believe the Clearaudio is about x7 the price of the Rega?

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
BigH said:
So the Rega phono amp. was no good but the one in the Brio R was fine? Sounds like it was faulty as I suspect its the same one?

Also believe the Clearaudio is about x7 the price of the Rega?

i went to my Rega dealerhei just made all mesurments, borrowed me another one and the results were the same!

It was not compatible with my Pathos...

the Rega Phono MM is 215€ and the clearaudio Basic + is 680€

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts