The Lovely Bones

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I know all the readers of the book have slated this movie, and its probably not the best that could have been done with the source material

But it has some of the most jaw dropping visual scenes ive ever seen. The depiction of the place inbetween earth and heaven is just incredible!

Worth a watch if you want to see what your brand spanking new HD TV is capable of [Y]

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
aliEnRIK:
I know all the readers of the book have slated this movie, and its probably not the best that could have been done with the source material

But it has some of the most jaw dropping visual scenes ive ever seen. The depiction of the place inbetween earth and heaven is just incredible!

Worth a watch if you want to see what your brand spanking new HD TV is capable of
emotion-21.gif

Very good film but disturbing.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Indeed. I loved the book, but am movie-lover enough to accept film adaptations will always differ. Some standout performances (Tucci especially) and stunning visuals - and a film you keep thinking about some time after you've watched it.

A

Anonymous

just watched it, its like a cross between the lion the witch and the wardrobe, the sixth sense and the silence of the lambs
emotion-40.gif

good movie though, worth watching, and great visuals..

A

Anonymous

Have to disagree I'm afraid, I thought there were too many unanswered questions and loop-holesin the plot...like if she could come back or communicate with her family, why didn't she with both her parents instead of her boyfriend ? (but then there wouldn't be a story I suppose)

I thought also that the outcome with the villian of the piece (Tucco) was an after-thought and put in to satisfy the audience (unsatisfactorily) although I thought he was chillingly convincing as the badie !!

Yes, some interesting visual effects of heaven etc helped to elevate it (sorry !!) but overall, the hype far exceeded the actual event for me...

(Hope that doesn't give too much away to those who havn't seen it...)

I would recommend The Disappearance of Alice Creed though as a far superior thriller and all-round film with impeccable acting throughout and non of the Hollywood cliches or gimmicks...

A

Anonymous

just picked up "The Disappearance of Alice Creed" on dvd from extravision, your reputation is on the line ricardo
emotion-4.gif

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Can you let me know what it's like max because i may order "the disappearance of alice creed" & "the lovely bones" at the weekend if they are any good.

A

Anonymous

slewis:Can you let me know what it's like max because i may order "the disappearance of alice creed" & "the lovely bones" at the weekend if they are any good.
will do slewis
emotion-21.gif
, fwiw i wouldnt buy the lovely bones, defo worth renting though..

A

Anonymous

slewis:Can you let me know what it's like max because i may order & "the lovely bones" at the weekend if they are any good.
"the disappearance of alice creed"was just ok for me slewis, i cant say too much without giving away the plot, its a very low budget, no frills movie, well acted as ricardo said, and a decent enough story which isnt predictable, but its certainly not one id buy..

id say its the kind of movie that will soon be on tv, probably channel 4, id wait and see it then, its watchable enough, but i wouldnt spend money on it.. (obviously i have, e5.30 to be precise
emotion-8.gif
)

A

Anonymous

btw if you havn't seen
The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans
then id check it out, i really enjoyed it, nicholas cage was brilliant in it, perhaps better than in any film to date, very funny film at times..

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:btw if you havn't seen
then id check it out, i really enjoyed it, nicholas cage was brilliant in it, perhaps better than in any film to date, very funny film at times..

Ordered from amazon & in the post as we speak, should get it in the next few day's hopefully.

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:btw if you havn't seen

Sorry you didn't enjoy ...Alice Creed as much as I did...thought it was refreshingly original for a change. See it's diferent strokes for different folks, I though Nick Cage in The Bad Lieutenant rather over-cooking it a bit but it was an interesting interpretation of the original, far superior film in my opinion. I still think Cage's performance in Leaving Las Vagas takes some beating...

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:

slewis:Can you let me know what it's like max because i may order & "the lovely bones" at the weekend if they are any good.
"the disappearance of alice creed"was just ok for me slewis, i cant say too much without giving away the plot, its a very low budget, no frills movie, well acted as ricardo said, and a decent enough story which isnt predictable, but its certainly not one id buy..

id say its the kind of movie that will soon be on tv, probably channel 4, id wait and see it then, its watchable enough, but i wouldnt spend money on it.. (obviously i have, e5.30 to be precise
emotion-8.gif
)

Hope you're not expecting a refund Max !!!
emotion-40.gif

A

Anonymous

ricardo65:maxflinn:

emotion-8.gif
)

emotion-40.gif

ah now i didnt say it was that bad, it was perfectly watchable imo, just not one id reccomend seeking out
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:ricardo65:maxflinn:

emotion-8.gif
)

emotion-40.gif

ah now i didnt say it was that bad, it was perfectly watchable imo, just not one id reccomend seeking out
emotion-11.gif

As I've said before...diferent horses for different courses mate !!
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts