the kids killed my dm610s

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
does anyone know where i can get replacement b w base driver maybe tweeter for my dm 610,sthe .kids have only been off for a week.and one,s sounding a bit odd.help thx

both.of.me

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
contact your local b&w dealer they will be able to get parts and a good one should be able to fit them for you as well

the authorized dealer list is available here http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/display.aspx?infid=1426

both.of.me

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
i would expect around £50 per drive unit tweeters may cost less providing you can get away with just changing the diaphragm, But this is not an option on all models what do you mean by sounding odd?

I take it you have checked that the bridging bars / speaker cables are connected correctly?

I believe I'm right in saying that b&w dm610's date back to the early 90's and if you need to replace more than one drive unit your money might be better spent on an upgrade?

Something along the lines of b&w's dm686 at £279 or dm685's at £379 would be a vast improvement over the old 610's Loudspeakers have come a long way in the last 15-20 years!

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Depending on the age of the kids you should be able to offset the cost of the repairs with what you make when you sell them . The little darlings , I'm sure you'll miss them ,

Nick

A

Anonymous

yes one of the speakers sounds dull but if you put up the volume it has a touch of distortion .i got in touch with b&w and its £50 a driver.and as this is my second system and the speakers are old its bye bye time.so im in the market for cheap bookshelf speakers .any recommendations .

bemaniac

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I quite simply fear for my system when children become part of me and my partners life sometime in the next few years. I will insist on a locked media room where all expensive items are kept for sole adult enjoyment.

A

Anonymous

my main system is safe.but as im into sansui retro amps .any messing buy the kids can be fatal .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts