The HDMI cable upgrade dilemma!

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm very aware that this subject has divided opinion on this forum, but I'm contemplating ugrading my budget HDMI cable to the £50 Chord Supershield. This would be to link my PS3 to my 42" Panasonic G10 (I know, the PS3 is far from the last word in Blu Ray sound and picture quality).

Here's the question, is it worth the upgrade with the kit I've got? Will I notice any discernable improvement in sound and picture quality?

I know certain members posting on this forum maintain that -- due to the simple transference of 1s and 0s -- there is no difference between budget and the most expensive HDMI cables (and any perceived difference is dismissed as a placebo effect).

All advice/contributions to debate are much appreciated...

A

Anonymous

i bought some of these http://www.hdcable.co.uk/hdmi-cable-platinum.html , they get good reviews and they provide a fast service .

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
strapped for cash:Wow. Phenomenal response! Guess 'll just have to bite the bullet and buy the cable to find out for myself...

What exactly did you expect, the subject has been done to death and you apparently know that so why start another thread? Anyway, you're heading in the right direction i.e. try a cable for yourself.

kPfRLewAJVEQ0AAAAASUVORK5CYII%3D

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts