The great panel Lottery? Does it affect you

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Can I be blunt, since I have a respected few on this thread.

If you had 1100.00 what would you buy? It needs to be 46" - 47"

I would really respect your input, Gaming would no be an issue, and dont care for 3D.

Just blu-ray's SD material from a SKY+HD box and HD material.

I have quite a bright room, so nothing to to reflective. But could handle a touch.

Thanks so much

A

Anonymous

canada16:

Can I be blunt, since I have a respected few on this thread.

If you had 1100.00 what would you buy? It needs to be 46" - 47"

I would really respect your input, Gaming would no be an issue, and dont care for 3D.

Just blu-ray's SD material from a SKY+HD box and HD material.

I have quite a bright room, so nothing to to reflective. But could handle a touch.

Thanks so much

I did ask clare or Andrew if they were spending 1100 on a TV what would they buy, just out of curiosity as I respect their opinion.

Maybe someone could help as £1000.00 to me is a lot of money, and I want to dot my I's and cross my T's, Before I part with my cash.

Thanks again

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It was late when you asked that!

At that size/money i'd stretch to the LG 50PX990, personally - brilliant picture for the money.

Future-proofs you in case you change your mind re 3D, too (and as you're a Sky+ HD customer, you'd find it easier than many to dabble).

If you've room for a 50in set (and I know you've discussed it in the past, so i'm assuming so), it'll give you just that extra edge over a 46in set.

A

Anonymous

One problem, and that was my first choice, but when you said they had to close all the blinds to watch it at CES, it was a bit daunting.

50" Will be tight, but I think it will go. but just worried about the reflection, and looked everywere, and cant see the PX990 in any shops that I looked in,

Oh just had a look and its 30+ KG in weight, thats a big sucker. even though my bracket is very secure ,I would be very worried, about that falling, my kids sit below the Tv.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
But as I said, that was very bright Vegas sunlight (from an enormous window). Not a problem in UK unless you've got the TV right near a picture window and watch all day in summer sunshine....

I'd urge you to find a retailer with the set in stock, just to take a look. Comet stock it, if you have a branch near you.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
canada16:Oh just had a look and its 30+ KG in weight, thats a big sucker. even though my bracket is very secure ,I would be very worried, about that falling, my kids sit below the Tv.

They won't if it's 50".

Or if you tell them not to.

It would be wise to have the bracket professionally fitted if you have any doubts about your DIY skills though, it wouldn't be the first time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts