The Dark Knight

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

maxflinn:

i thought inception was rediculous. looked and sounded great though, i rented it a few weeks back, if i spot it going cheap as chips later this year i'll still probably buy it. but by cheap i mean less than a fiver, ok e7
emotion-1.gif
. im happy i didnt waste e25 on it...

i got my copy of the dark knight for e5. beat that gel
emotion-5.gif

£12.99 for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight double pack/limited edition, thanks to our friend Lobby, not bad i thought £6.50 each plus the double pack limited edition bonus
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

JamesOK:
brittondave:JohnDuncan:gel:You have seen Batman Begins as well haven't you? if not you need to watch that too
emotion-21.gif

Yep, but ages ago. Might have to watch it again now.

I actually prefer Batman Begins. really cool. Unlike his recent film " Inception". time in my life I can't get back.

What!? I loved Inception (and The Dark Knight too).

Heath Ledgers performance is incredible.

I liked The Dark Knight very much, I am just curious how an excellent director can come out with a film like Inception. I think my cat could have done a better job. " A dream, within a dream, within a dream, within a dream, within a dream," agh save me from this brilliant ingenious plot........ not.

Further how did Dicaprio go from choosing a film like Shutter Island to Inception. I guess the money must have been good.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
I thought Batman Begins was a good flick that could have been great if it wasn't for Nolan subscribing to the 'super-fast cuts' editing technique (which, annoyingly has become prolific in action flicks) during the fight scenes. You just can't make anything out.

I went into 'Inception', expecting a real cerebral mind F of a film, full of confusing twists and turns. They never came. It was just an enjoyable action flick. No more, no less.

I think there seems to be a snowballing amount of praise heaped upon Nolan, to the point where he's being hailed as a genius by some (especially in Hollywood). But, strangely, the praise is for his two Batman films and Inception, whereas his real masterpiece, 'Memento' (which completely walks all over 'Inception' in all areas) is pretty much ignored.

basshead

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
i agree, the dark knight is a very good film. I love how the Joker just appears, causes havok and then disappears again. no wasting time on a back-story ect, his character just does what he's supposed to, be bad.

as people have mentioned Inception - has any one seen the South Park episode 'insheeption'? it's a wonderful rip on the film :)

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
emotion-21.gif

As much as I enjoy 'Inception' and the Batman movies, I agree that 'Memento' is still his crowning glory. Just goes to show that a good story, and class acting, trump millions spent on SFX every time.

Red Dragon

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Big Chris:
emotion-21.gif

As much as I enjoy 'Inception' and the Batman movies, I agree that 'Memento' is still his crowning glory. Just goes to show that a good story, and class acting, trump millions spent on SFX every time.

emotion-21.gif
momento and not forgetting...Insomnia, another brilliant film from Nolan I thought.

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Have you heard that 'Bane' is going to be a new baddie in 'Batman 3'.

Somebodies been playing Arkham Asylum!! ( If you haven't, do so, best story and Batman history lesson anywhere)

Lets hope he doesn't look too artificial when venom'd up. I hear hes the only person ever to defeat Batman in a fight.......

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Cookie Monster:

Somebodies been playing Arkham Asylum!!

Or reading the comics.

Lets hope he doesn't look too artificial when venom'd up. I hear hes the only person ever to defeat Batman in a fight.......

Broke his back in fact...

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Cookie Monster:

That'll be The Dark Knight Rises.

And, well, oh sweet mother of God. Selina Kyle is in it too. Good grief.

Still, I wasn't optimistic about TDK, but it turned out OK I guess.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
the_lhc:Cookie Monster:

Somebodies been playing Arkham Asylum!! Or reading the comics. Lets hope he doesn't look too artificial when venom'd up. I hear hes the only person ever to defeat Batman in a fight.......

Broke his back in fact...

I don't read the comics, but I frequent a great film site that's been following the development of the Batman flick closely, and giving details of the comic back-stories of the characters featuring in it. This Bane fellow broke Batman's back, as shown above, killing him. Apparently, a new Batman replaced Bruce Wayne.

This is both Nolan's and Bale's last Batman. Now, this is only feeble conjecture from my little noggin, but, having the film follow the comic's storyline and having Bane kill Batman would sort of make sense, as they're gonna have to find a new actor for the role in the franchise's future installments, anyway. It's something I could see Nolan having the muscle to persuade the studio to allow him to do.

A

Anonymous

They couldn't follow the Knightfall story as it has all the villans in. They are let loose by Bane so Batman has to round them up. He learns Batmans identity and the location of the Batcave. He might look like some Mexican wrestler but he was also very intelligent. He broke Batmans back as a result of finding this info. The 'hero' who took up the mantle of Batman was called Azreal (he had a really cool coustume). He crossed the line that Batman refuses which is killing someone. When Batman recovered he took Azreal down. Knightfall, Kightsquest and Knightsend make up the full story arc.

If anyone is wanting to read some Batman, the best storylines are The Killing Joke, Batman-The Darknight Returns, Arkham Asylum, Batman: The Long Hallowe'en and Batman: Dark Victory

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
bretty:This Bane fellow broke Batman's back, as shown above, killing him. Apparently, a new Batman replaced Bruce Wayne.

Well, yes but this is the comic universe, so that's been ret-conned and Bruce Wayne is Batman again, in some titles at least.

A

Anonymous

I was under the impression Batman has always been Bruce Wayne in the universe 1 and 2 continuations. Obviously there has been various Elseworld titles and mini series which exist in their own little world. Unlike the farsical Spider-man clone story where Peter Parker was then wasn't then was Spider-man.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:My word. Taken me ages to see this properly for the first time, and it's so much better than I thought it would be. I was expecting it to be at least a *little* bit silly...

I count every cheesy line uttered by Oldman, and the bike, as at least a little silly.

Still really like it, though I prefer ...Begins.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Though if you watch the special features, you'll see they actually made that bike. Okay, not the bit where it was formed from the wheels of the Batmobile, or the bit where it climbs the wall to turn around, but a lot of the footage of it driving around etc. was real. Blowing up the hospital, even things like the truck flipping were real physical stunts - I was surprised to see how much was real and that it wasn't all CGI - probably the main reason why it actually looked excellent rather than fake.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
gel:" Inception". time in my life I can't get back.

Right on Brother!

"It's spinning, what does it all mean...?"

I couldn't care less, Chris.

And he did his best to clog up TDK. So, I've said it before, but he's on thin ice with me, oh yes

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
professorhat:

Though if you watch the special features, you'll see they actually made that bike. Okay, not the bit where it was formed from the wheels of the Batmobile, or the bit where it climbs the wall to turn around, but a lot of the footage of it driving around etc. was real. Blowing up the hospital, even things like the truck flipping were real physical stunts - I was surprised to see how much was real and that it wasn't all CGI - probably the main reason why it actually looked excellent rather than fake.

Oh indeed, great approach to film making. Even in Inception when the bloke is running round the spinning room there is...well...a bloke running round a spinning room!

It doesnt mean teh inclusion of the bike (and its revelation in that way) was not pure cheddar though.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
professorhat:

I seem to recall there was only one stunt-man that could actually ride the Batbike, due to the width of the tyres. Hopefully they'll make the Lawmasters in the new Judge Dredd film look more like that. *Googles frantically* oh, no, they won't it seems, bumsy... that looks AWFUL!!!

A

Anonymous

al7478:

JohnDuncan:My word. Taken me ages to see this properly for the first time, and it's so much better than I thought it would be. I was expecting it to be at least a *little* bit silly...

I count every cheesy line uttered by Oldman, and the bike, as at least a little silly.

Still really like it, though I prefer ...Begins.

Of course it has to be a bit cheesey it's a super hero comic book adapted to film. It is after all about a man who dresses up as a bat. I think The Dark Knight is as good an adaptation of Batman as you're going to get. I do think Batman Begins is a good story but some of the action scenes are a bit closed in, making it hard to tell what going on. The fight at the docks in particular. This may be down to a second unit director rather than Chris Nolan.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts