The Dark Knight

John Duncan

My word. Taken me ages to see this properly for the first time, and it's so much better than I thought it would be. I was expecting it to be at least a *little* bit silly, but it's one of the darkest, most disturbing thrillers I've seen in a long time. Reminded me of Seven. I mean I know I'm preaching to the converted and everything, but just wanted to share...

A

Anonymous

aye, the plane crash in knowing is kinda loud
emotion-1.gif

i meant the dark knight ost btw, brilliant.

darkknight.jpg

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:My word. Taken me ages to see this properly for the first time, and it's so much better than I thought it would be. I was expecting it to be at least a *little* bit silly, but it's one of the darkest, most disturbing thrillers I've seen in a long time. Reminded me of Seven. I mean I know I'm preaching to the converted and everything, but just wanted to share...

Exactly how I felt. Brilliant film.

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
A brilliant film... Very dark indeed. Not sure which i preferred- The Dark Knight or Batman Begins, they are both utterly brilliant. Heath Ledger is absolutely astounding in The Dark Knight- a complete Psycho!! "Bag Face" In Batman Begins is a brilliantly frightening concept!!

A definite must see for those who have not seen. Even if they don't like "Superhero films". These are not like any of the others in the genre.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:I was expecting it to be at least a *little* bit silly, but it's one of the darkest, most disturbing thrillers I've seen in a long time. Reminded me of Seven.
It wasn't quite THAT good
emotion-1.gif
(I'd have made it darker)

Nolan is a genius - if only other super hero movies could get anywhere close. It'll be interesting to see what he can come up with for the third installment....

John Duncan

FrankHarveyHiFi:JohnDuncan:I was expecting it to be at least a *little* bit silly, but it's one of the darkest, most disturbing thrillers I've seen in a long time. Reminded me of Seven.
It wasn't quite THAT good
emotion-1.gif
(I'd have made it darker)

It reminded me of it (plotwise), that's all - it's certanly not as good. I mean who can top (spoiler alert) Gwynnie's head in a box?!?!?!?

A

Anonymous

Top film and the soundtrack is a regular for me. Better than Begins and I can't wait for another slice......

Liam19

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:My word. Taken me ages to see this properly for the first time, and it's so much better than I thought it would be. I was expecting it to be at least a *little* bit silly, but it's one of the darkest, most disturbing thrillers I've seen in a long time. Reminded me of Seven. I mean I know I'm preaching to the converted and everything, but just wanted to share...

Greatest superhero film of all time, to be sure... but not Nolan's best. See either Memento or the magnificent Inception for that - both superior films.

D

Deleted member 2457

You have seen Batman Begins as well haven't you? if not you need to watch that too
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:gel:You have seen Batman Begins as well haven't you? if not you need to watch that too
emotion-21.gif

Yep, but ages ago. Might have to watch it again now.

I actually prefer Batman Begins. really cool. Unlike his recent film " Inception". time in my life I can't get back.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
brittondave:JohnDuncan:gel:You have seen Batman Begins as well haven't you? if not you need to watch that too
emotion-21.gif

I actually prefer Batman Begins. really cool. Unlike his recent film " Inception". time in my life I can't get back.

What!? I loved Inception (and The Dark Knight too).

Heath Ledgers performance is incredible.

A

Anonymous

i thought inception was rediculous. looked and sounded great though, i rented it a few weeks back, if i spot it going cheap as chips later this year i'll still probably buy it. but by cheap i mean less than a fiver, ok e7
emotion-1.gif
. im happy i didnt waste e25 on it...

i got my copy of the dark knight for e5. beat that gel
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
maxflinn:i thought inception was rediculous.

Is that like ridiculous, but redder? But yes, The Dark Knight was so much less ridiculous...

stop rediculing me
emotion-1.gif

Red Dragon

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
JamesOK:
brittondave:JohnDuncan:gel:You have seen Batman Begins as well haven't you? if not you need to watch that too
emotion-21.gif

What!? I loved Inception (and The Dark Knight too).

Heath Ledgers performance is incredible.

Have to agree that they are both exceptionally good movies but it is(was) Heath Ledgers outstanding performance that lifted it well above the the previous film. If it wasn't for him, Christian Bale's ham-fisted, grunting and growling efforts would have been too much to take !!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts