• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

The best 8K televisions 2020: the ultimate 8K resolution TVs

gel

terryjbennett

Jan 17, 2020
Got the Samsung QE65Q950R just before Christmas. Watching football noticed vertical white lines highlighted by the grass. Same when watching skiing. JL took it back and delivered a new one today. Same problem. Is this common with these 8k TVs?

terryjbennett

Jan 17, 2020
Thanks gel. Not noticeable with films, normal tv. Just ordered a high quality HDMI cable to see if that makes a difference.

terryjbennett

Jan 17, 2020
A bit more info. Contacted Samsung, who using some clever technology, looked at the tv through my phone and agreed that there was a problem. More bands than lines I think

terryjbennett

Jan 17, 2020
A quick google search revealed loads of similar reports in the States. As I wrote, I've ordered a high quality HDMI cable, just in case ... but I'm not optimistic. Otherwise John Lewis will have it back.

terryjbennett

Jan 17, 2020
Brilliant for movies. Black colours are great.Everything, except the banding, is excellent but I mainly watch sport. Glad yours is good and thanks for your input.

Reactions: gel

terryjbennett

Jan 17, 2020
It's an older model and reportedly the viewing angles are not as good. I'll wait for a bit and see how things develop. My Sony 4k tv is great

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts