The best 8K televisions 2020: the ultimate 8K resolution TVs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

If you do try another one have you price matched with RGB Direct with John Lewis? You can get £500 off at RGB with code Winter500, making the price £2499 for the 65-inch and you get the phone too.

Rumpy Stumpy

Feb 9, 2020
Visit site
Got the Samsung QE65Q950R just before Christmas. Watching football noticed vertical white lines highlighted by the grass. Same when watching skiing. JL took it back and delivered a new one today. Same problem. Is this common with these 8k TVs?
Hi Terry,

I had this on the Q900R and it’s to do with the Grey Uniformity of the screen. You won’t notice it on films or tv programmes easily, but it really shows up when you are watching football as the grass pitch takes up most of the screen and the camera pans horizontally.

I bought the Q900R to play Red Dead Redemption 2 but the blue sky would show lots of banding when the camera panned left to right etc. Had a Samsung engineer come out who said it was faulty and they replaced it. Unfortunately the replacement was no better so I sent it back and am using my old 4K Samsung while I wait for better 8k offerings.

I hope this helps but I realise it’s a little while after you posted here.

terryjbennett

Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for your input. In fact I have now tried 3 x QE65Q950R and even had the Samsung engineer replace the screen on the last one. All suffered, badly, from the same white banding and DSE. John Lewis taking the last one back and I am replacing with the Panasonic TX-65GZ2000B on Wednesday. If that had the problem I'll give up and wait for something better.

Rumpy Stumpy

Feb 9, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for your input. In fact I have now tried 3 x QE65Q950R and even had the Samsung engineer replace the screen on the last one. All suffered, badly, from the same white banding and DSE. John Lewis taking the last one back and I am replacing with the Panasonic TX-65GZ2000B on Wednesday. If that had the problem I'll give up and wait for something better.
Good luck with the Panasonic and please let me know how you get on as I’m typing this instead of watching tv ad my 4K Samsung is displaying a blank screen even though I can hear the sound. Apparently it’s a sign the connect box needs replacing. 😬😀

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts