Thanks What Hi team and members

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, thanks for all your advice over the last few months. My system has CA 640 C V2 Nad C352 and MS 914is i use QED quinex 2 phono cable from CD to amp and CA arctic as a jumper lead instead of the standard jumper pins, QED saxt for treble and Atlas equator 3 for mids and bass as the QED does not sound as weighty as the Atlas and bog standard banana plugs. I am happy with the CD amp and speakers. Would changing the QED phono leads to Atlas equator and replacing the CA arctic with the QED make much difference ? and which speaker cable has the clarity of the QED saxt and weight of the Atlas equator 3, or am i just being fussy about the speaker cable. Once again thanks for your advice.

A

Anonymous

Hi there. ummmmmmmmm . In my experience jumper cables tend to be much of a muchness in that there little discernible difference between different jumper sets. If you don't mind spending 40-50 quid then you can get the Chord signature jumpers and then you will not think about that issue again!!! (hopefully).
Can't help with the phono leads as haven't heard either. As for the speaker cable maybe i can suggest the ecosse MS2.3 AT circa 24GBP /m. I just got these and am really delighted with them. Great bass and treble. Hope this helps a little.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JAXON5"] If you don't mind spending 40-50 quid then you can get the Chord signature jumpers and then you will not think about that issue again!!! (hopefully)[/quote]

I think he was talking about the pre/power jumpers on the rear of the amp, not the ones on the speakers. If so, my advice on those would be to use much shorter leads than the standard 1m length in which such interconnects usually come - use 0.5m maximum, or ask a manufacturer or retailer of cables to make up cables just long enough to go round in a loop between the two plugs without straining things unduly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts