Thank you WHF Forum!

KayJay85

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
Just wanted to say a big "thank you" to everyone on the forums who helped me with all my questions regarding my first HiFi kit. I recently went ahead and bought the system which is in my sig and am absolutely loving it (despite the poor source)! Even my roommates who mocked my £600 outlay are playing music through it whenever they get a chance. Just the sheer...presence...that the system provides lets you just slip into the music.

Next steps: Working on building a lossless library and then going to invest in a DAC to connect to my laptop/AE (if/when I decide I need that too).

Even though my source is lossy mp3s connected via the headphone out on my Ipod this ranks highly on my list of best purchases and am sure it will only get better as I get on with upgrading the source and the speakers get run in.

Cheers!

PS: That doesn't mean I am anywhere near stopping my stalking on these boards
emotion-4.gif

KayJay85

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
Jax

I did look into that as recommended by the dealer but I am giving my wallet a break for a little bit. Although, I was wondering whether:

- The Wadia really helps with lossy music

- Whether it needs to be connected to an external DAC

Another concern I had was that I also use my laptop which, I believe, would not benefit from the Wadia

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Welcome to the world of hi-fi,it won`t stop there believe me!!

"This product works best with a digital to analogue converter. Plug it into the digital input of an A/V amplifier, or better still - a stand alone digital converter and a good stereo amplifier"

Above is a quote from the Wadia website

A

Anonymous

Hey Kay Jay always go the used route when buying cd's to build up a lossless library.

Amazon or ebay are your ports of call
emotion-2.gif

I can relate to what you say though, the first time I played a NAD amp the C320 I was just bowled over by the clarity and power. Previously to that I owned a Rotel RA 931 MK11 which blew a fuse but the reality is that it was never in the same league as the above mentioned amp, so perhaps it was a blessing, despite the fact that at the time I was cursing enough for a dozen people.

Just remember to ensure there is enough ventilation for the amp

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
KayJay85:

Although, I was wondering whether:

- The Wadia really helps with lossy music

- Whether it needs to be connected to an external DAC

If you are using your laptop as the music source for your Hi Fi, then the WADIA would not be a solution for you. However, if you want to use your iPOD as a source for your new Hi Fi, then the WADIA is the best dock available (my opinion, and hotly debated) because it is all digital. But yes, you have to have an external DAC or a CD Player that takes a digital input.

Just wanted to throw the idea out there to make sure you know about it.

KayJay85

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the Wadia info folks. Probably something that I will hold off on until I have built a lossless collection and can afford to get the dock along with a DAC

TRENDING THREADS