Thank you Tom Petty!! (and Blu-ray Audio)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
6th.replicant:If you're a Neil Young fan and if you're happy to pay c. £200, then consider Neil Young: Archives, Vol. 1: 1963-1972 - a 10-disc Blu-ray box set - IMHO it sounds amazing. (I've only heard it via 2-channel, mind.)

Ditto.

My first Blu ray audio experience, and to date, the best.

Roll on, NY Archives Volume 2.

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
DandyCobalt:Thanks Andrew, I checked out the Naxos links and have just picked up two Naxos Blu-ray audios of Chopin (1 and 2) from hmv online for 7.99pounds each. Quite a bit cheaper than from Naxos direct - looking forward to a great listen. (Maybe will wait till my Cyrus X Power amp arrives next week.)

Naxos Blu-ray Audios arrived from hmv.com within two days, and just listened to Chopin's Piano Concerto No. 2. Really underwhelmed by the quality of the recording - didn't sound like HD-DTS. It reminded me of the Blu-ray of Blair Witch Project...if the original recording is not very good (intentionally in the case of blair witch) then making it HD will not improve it. Poor definition of the strings, and the most intricate piano parts blurred together.Little creative use of the 5.0 mix too.

I switched to the LSO Beethoven box-set SACDs that I got for Christmas - wow!!! Now that's high-definition sound done properly. (Just like the Ole Bull 2L Blu-ray recordings that WHFSV have used as reference discs)

Just like for movies, there's good and not-so-good blu-ray HD audio.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts