Thaiman! I will decide to Rotel RA-1062

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, Thaiman and everyone

I read your old thread and you confirmed Rotel RA-1062 is a liittle krell, that mean it's a good sound quality, transparent, dynamic, punch, detail etc.

but I not sure about it's power output, 60 watts is too low for Totem model 1, or Totem rainmaker or Dynaudio audience 42 or not ???

now I own monitor BR2 and feel it too warm, still not clear in high, and I plan to upgrade speaker in the future, if Rotel RA-1062 is the best choice, I will go to audio shop and take them back home :)

any comment for me???

or you will advise other integrated amp in the same class for me??

Tear Drop

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
The power rating in Watts doesn't really reflect an amplifiers ability to drive speakers - it is more down to its ability to deliver higher levels of current quickly and the quality of the power supply. The 1062 does excel in both these areas for amps at this price point.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="plasmaman"]

if Rotel RA-1062 is the best choice, I will go to audio shop and take them
back home :)

any comment for me???
[/quote]

I highly rate the Rotel, it sound a lot more powerful than the 60 watts rated on the paper. I remember compare the RA-1062 with the similar watts Exposure 2010s and Rotel certainly have a lot of control over speakers. It also come with MM phono stage as standard which only added to something that already a bargain. I called it my little Krell becauseof the bass! later model class A/B Krell's bass sounded very distinctive and once heard you will always remember the sound which, to my ears, Rotel has very similar low level reproduction. It also has very similar speakers terminals as Krell 400Xi which are very well builded

Speakers? The Dyn would fit the bill well , PMC DB1, Totem Arro or B&W 603 S2.

The Rotel was released around 2003-2004 so make sure get plenty of discount (40%) if you can find one, ex-demo. 2nd hand about £300.

Reactions: lindo68

Tear Drop

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"]Completely OT, Tear Drop, but are those hob nobs on that chocolate wheelchair?[/quote]

Upon close inspection of the album cover my best guess is they are choc digestives - sorry!

A

Anonymous

Thaiman! many thanks

I'm a Thai as you, but my English not good, where're are you live? Thailand?

I search new amp more 5-6 days, and now I will decide to Rotel RA-1062, and I will decide between Dynaudio Audience 42 & Totem Rainmaker, what best match with 1062 ? now I own monitor BR2, it's not rocks

can you tell me about real retail price of RA-1062?

Thanks for everyone

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="plasmaman"]can you tell me about real retail price of RA-1062?[/quote]

UK retail price = £600 but I have doubt that you still can buy RA-1062 new so If you are looking for new amp, you may have to change your plan!

Speakers? Triangle Antal ESW or Celius ESW if you really like your rock music (as much as I do :) They are a touch bright up top which can add real excitement to the whole listening experience, very lively and great bass too
I never live with Dyn 42 but had Dynaudio contour 1.3 and 1.8 mk2 and both certainly know how to rock very well.
I am in UK and no! I am not the Manchester City FC's owner :). E-mail Mr. Everard (not Thai but from Hamamatsu, Japan) and ask for my email address if you ever need a chat in Thai.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"]
I am in UK and no! I am not the Manchester City FC's owner :). E-mail Mr. Everard (not Thai but from Hamamatsu, Japan) and ask for my email address if you ever need a chat in Thai.

[/quote]

What about a few authentic recipies to impress my girlfriend? Many thanks TM

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"][quote user="plasmaman"]can you tell me about real retail price of RA-1062?[/quote] UK retail price = £600 but I have doubt that you still can buy RA-1062 new so If you are looking for new amp, you may have to change your plan!

Speakers? Triangle Antal ESW or Celius ESW if you really like your rock music (as much as I do :) They are a touch bright up top which can add real excitement to the whole listening experience, very lively and great bass too
I never live with Dyn 42 but had Dynaudio contour 1.3 and 1.8 mk2 and both certainly know how to rock very well.
I am in UK and no! I am not the Manchester City FC's owner :). E-mail Mr. Everard (not Thai but from Hamamatsu, Japan) and ask for my email address if you ever need a chat in Thai.[/quote]

"change your plan" ??? Thaiman, I'm not understand :)

can you explain more for me, now inThailand I'm have no choice about integrated amp which have tone control if I decide to RA-1062, am I wrong???

and I will search for bookshelf speaker in later. it's a good idea or not?

ha ha ha, Glad to talk with you

TRENDING THREADS