Tellurium Q Black and my first tweak in a year....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
sheehanjuk said:
I recently brought TQ Black speaker to upgrade from Chord Epic. What I noticed immediately is sound separation is alot clearer on Black. Thereby you heard different instruments/sounds alot clearer or didnt hear them before. The other aspect which seems improved is the soundstage or sound projection is maybe a better way of explaining, it just sounds like the stage has been opened up to twice the sound stage.. literally.

In conclusion I'm very happy I brought the TQ Black speaker cable, no doubt it's improved my sound, very happy with. I aim to get the TQ Black interconnectors next.

ps my space between speakers is 130cm.
The sound stage is what I first noticed a good investment

sheehanjuk

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Sorry, 142cms. 130 was HIFI cabinet. :rofl:

toyota man said:
sheehanjuk said:
I recently brought TQ Black speaker to upgrade from Chord Epic. What I noticed immediately is sound separation is alot clearer on Black. Thereby you heard different instruments/sounds alot clearer or didnt hear them before. The other aspect which seems improved is the soundstage or sound projection is maybe a better way of explaining, it just sounds like the stage has been opened up to twice the sound stage.. literally.

In conclusion I'm very happy I brought the TQ Black speaker cable, no doubt it's improved my sound, very happy with. I aim to get the TQ Black interconnectors next.

The sound stage is what I first noticed a good investment

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
My TQ Black speaker cables arrive tomorrow - really hoping they make a big difference (which they need to do, given the cost) or they go straight back.

(Speakers are 2.3m apart)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
DandyCobalt said:
My TQ Black speaker cables arrive tomorrow - really hoping they make a big difference (which they need to do, given the cost) or they go straight back.

I think they will make a clear difference.......you have to decide if it's an improvement.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
sheehanjuk said:

:dance:

Same results for my system too .

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
DandyCobalt said:

I think they will make a clear difference.......you have to decide if it's an improvement.

Just found out that I have a torn retina, and have to be operated on in London tomorrow. Will miss the delivery, so not the best start to the week :-(

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
DandyCobalt said:
Just found out that I have a torn retina, and have to be operated on in London tomorrow. Will miss the delivery, so not the best start to the week :-(

DC, I'm very sorry to hear this, and I hope it all goes well for you.

Nb. According to a certain mercurial Irishman who resides in that other place , you will only hear a difference because you have been "prepped" by me (and others) to do so.

I think that is crediting me with mind-bending powers (that I wish i possessed), while doing you a disservice as well. Anyway, please remain very sceptical, just in case i am using my mojo to mold you to my will!
evil.png

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks cno.

I naturally have Mrs C to tell me if they are a waste of money - she is not backwards in expressing an opinion on any Hifi purchase I make :)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
DandyCobalt said:
Thanks cno.

I naturally have Mrs C to tell me if they are a waste of money - she is not backwards in expressing an opinion on any Hifi purchase I make :)

I have one of those as well! :grin:

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
p_m_brown said:
Sorry about the eye DC!

Out of interest, what cables will you be replacing/ putting the TQ blacks against?
Wearing shades around the house - looking cool :)

It's those drops they use that make yer' eyes dilated. I hear the models use them - they just make me squint in a very uncool way.

I've got Chord Carnival Silverscreens that were in biwire formation from my Cyrus mono X300s.

I've changed them back to single wired in anticipation of getting the TQ Blacks (which will be single-wired, but I have bought the TQ Black connectors too).

Honestly, didn't hear a difference between mono and bi-wired silverscreens, and using the connectors that came with the CM8s.

Looking forward to doing straight swap to the TQ Blacks - once the amps are all warmed up etc.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
DandyCobalt said:
p_m_brown said:
Sorry about the eye DC!

Out of interest, what cables will you be replacing/ putting the TQ blacks against?
Wearing shades around the house - looking cool :)

It's those drops they use that make yer' eyes dilated. I hear the models use them - they just make me squint in a very uncool way.

I've got Chord Carnival Silverscreens that were in biwire formation from my Cyrus mono X300s.

I've changed them back to single wired in anticipation of getting the TQ Blacks (which will be single-wired, but I have bought the TQ Black connectors too).

Honestly, didn't hear a difference between mono and bi-wired silverscreens, and using the connectors that came with the CM8s.

Looking forward to doing straight swap to the TQ Blacks - once the amps are all warmed up etc.

I changed my spekers cabels from Chord Carnival Silverscreen to TQ Black and the difference is huge the soundstage is spacious ,

the sound is more focused and detailed the bass is tight and smooth . No need for biwire it is only a myth (bi-amplifying is another story !) .

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
p_m_brown said:
Thanks chaps,

Certainly worth a try despite what the bellwire brigade think...

:cheers:

I think you'll find it tough to find anyone endorsing far too resistant, thin cables such as bellwire. But as far as the upgrade...Makes no difference. But I do understand fully that people "think" they hear one. And thus, to them, it's an upgrade. A rather expensive placebo, but if it makes one happy, then so be it....

;)

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
p_m_brown said:
Well I will let my ears decide thanks...

The point being that they aren't the only factor. Your eyes and your knowledge of the price of a component play a much bigger role.

Phileas

May 5, 2012
Visit site
As has been pointed out before, it's perfectly possible for cables unusually high inductance and/or capacitance to alter the sound.

Whether this is a desirable thing to do is open to question.

davidpr

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Phileas said:
As has been pointed out before, it's perfectly possible for cables unusually high inductance and/or capacitance to alter the sound.

A run of copper cable will not have unusually high inductance and/or capacitance, how can it? So what are the makers of exotic cabes doing to make these cables 'sound' different? Or is it wishful thinking after having spent a fortune on cables?

Personally I will stick to my 2£m thick copper cable.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
p_m_brown said:
Thanks chaps,

Certainly worth a try despite what the bellwire brigade think...

:cheers:

Who said anything about bellwire?

I would not buy any hifi cables the mark-ups are too large, stick to some pro stuff.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Phileas said:

The TQ blacks are on the neutral/natural side of the sound so they don't inductance and/or capacitance to alter the sound but do the best to fulfil the full potential of your system that's all .

If your system and/or your music sources aren't good enough they will reveal it immedietly and than your sound may be worst than before with cheaper cables !

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
ISAC69 said:
Phileas said:

The TQ blacks are on the neutral/natural side of the sound so they don't inductance and/or capacitance to alter the sound but do the best to fulfil the full potential of your system that's all .

If your system and/or your music sources aren't good enough they will reveal it immedietly and than your sound may be worst than before with cheaper cables !

Is that why you are changing your amp?

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi BigH

Yes , the TQ blacks revealed that my Mission MX5 weren't good speakers the lack of details was obivious and the bass was "boomy" so I changed it to the Proac Studio 140MK2 - the improvement was huge. Also I discovered that the Roksan Kandy K2 is not transparent enough, sometimes details tend to be lost and the soundstage isn't stable . I will probably changed it to the pre/power Rotel 1580+1582, I didn't make a final decission yet .

TRENDING THREADS