Technics 1300 SL should I try it for cheap money

Rotellier21

Jan 26, 2021
www.valenciancellars.com
I have seen a Technics 1300 SL for sale near my home ...the auto deck from way back and it seems to be 100% perfect. For only 250euro or less is it worth an experience ? Yes it´s auto but it does share some the 1200 goodness and is very cheap . Maybe it´s better than my Thorens TD280 MKII .

Any comments welcome on the quality of this deck vs the 1200 would also be good to hear .

Many thanks
Tony

Gray

I have seen a Technics 1300 SL for sale near my home ...the auto deck from way back and it seems to be 100% perfect. For only 250euro or less is it worth an experience ? Yes it´s auto but it does share some the 1200 goodness and is very cheap . Maybe it´s better than my Thorens TD280 MKII .

Any comments welcome on the quality of this deck vs the 1200 would also be good to hear .

Many thanks
Tony
'Only 250 Euros' for something that's 47? years old. Sellers of vintage items don't exactly give them away.
Up to you Tony. If you didn't already have the decent Thorens deck, it might have been a good move, otherwise I'd be tempted to stick with what you've got.

(I've got a TD160S by the way - last time I looked, one was up for 5x what I paid for it, decades ago. Crazy times).

Rotellier21

Jan 26, 2021
www.valenciancellars.com
Perhaps bargain it is not...but is 50% less or more than the current market price for 1200sl mkii which I did/do think is an upgrade on the Thorens TD280 MKII but again cannot be sure about that fact aurally ...I have ordered the AT VM95ML cartridge but there are delays with Audio Technica products arriving to Europe and currently no stock at my dealer ...they say maybe 2-3 weeks but unsure exactly.

Cartridge upgrade would be certain for any deck I owned . I also saw what appears to be excellent condition Technics 1200sl for euro580 ....but apprehensive about buying on Wallapop from Madrid after a recent experience ....the seller seems to have sold various 1200sl and has spare parts on his page for sale also...you know what I am saying here ...is it a rebuild don´t think so but who knows ...the 1200sl seems to be in fashion right now ?

D

Deleted member 108165

To satisfy your curiosity just buy it and compare with your Thorens, then either sell-on or keep.

Reactions: Gray and Al ears

Rotellier21

Jan 26, 2021
www.valenciancellars.com
That´s what I was thinking ...but think the 1200sl is the better choice if I buy another deck ..I attach links on these decks below if they open properly ....

Rotellier21

Jan 26, 2021
www.valenciancellars.com
The guy in Madrid with the 1200sl mk2 ...560euro delivered ...the 1300 is 250 maybe for 220euro ...says the variable speed doesnt work but fixed speeds are ok .....I realise the 1300 is lesser as not as torqued motor , auto mechanism and poss 10+yrs older than the 1200sl less kudos too for resale ......560 still seems expensive for a 20yr old deck but it wont be around for long ..I hate decisions . The guy said it was not a dj rig home use only. He sent me a video of it working and close up but I failed to get it loaded here as attachment due to size

Gray

Sounds like you're talking yourself into the 1200 ;)

Go for it.
Accept it's the going rate.
There are much worse things you could be doing with the money (y)

Nice to know it was domestic use only.....but even if it had been used by a DJ, they're so reliable......(might have looked more bashed about too).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts