Tannoy TS500 Sub setup Question

Qwalme

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
I'm just in the process of setting up my system and as its the first time I dont want to blow it up. I have a question on the input on this sub:

Im connecting a Yam 863 to it using a Chord Crimson but the TS500 has two inputs with neither designated as a 'dominant' one. They are juts white and red like componants.

Can anyone tell me which one to plug it into?

Heres the manual - http://www.tannoy.com/products/207/TS_Manual.pdf

Thanks

Rick

michael hoy

Qwalme
I have a Def Tech sub and i use a Y splitter from the connector on the Sub cable,the Red connector goes to Red phono on the Sub marked LFE and the white goes to the White phono marked LFE low level in.

Hope this helps.

Qwalme

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

Urgh - well that seems like it could cause an issue with the quality of the signal getting to the sub. I don't want the signal to be poor after shelling out for the crimson only to have the quality ruined by the last 10cm of the connection.

If using a splitter is the only option - are there decent ones that should maintain the signal well?

Thanks

Rick

Qwalme

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Pioneer7,

I messaged a person on another forum that mentioned he had connected a single cable to the red input and he told me he spoke to a local hifi shop and directly to Tannoy and both advised him to do this. The manual could do with making that distinction but I guess they wont bother.

Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts