Tannoy Sub Problem

fitzyboy2000

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Just bought an Onkyo 605 receiver and the Tannoy sfx 5.1 speakers, almost pleased with it apart from the sub, it dosent seem that punchy to me even when u turn the volume right up still not really delivering what i expected...Any Ideas, any settings I need to look at? Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Just had a look at the Tannoy subwoofer manual and it's actually pretty good compared to some!

To get the sub set up correctly with your receiver, I'd set it up with the power switch set to 'ON', and the phase, crossover and level controls set to the AV/LFE position. Then run the automatic set-up on the Onkyo, and you're pretty much done.

Once the set-up's done its thing, you can tweak the level up or down a little if you wish, but I wouldnt turn the sub up much more than to the 1 o'clock position on the level dial.

You can now switch the power switch to auto if you wish, so the sub will only power up when it receives signal from the receiver.

A

Anonymous

Hi there,

Just bought a similar system onkyo 605 and tannoy sfx 5.1 and I am having the same problem as you i.e not enough punch with the subwoofer. Did you manage to solve the problem?

Which richer sounds did you get yours from? I piad much higher for my system.

thanks

wahid

fitzyboy2000

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Got it from Cardiff store....Sorted the sub now, when you go through the setup on the amp, make sure the output for the sub is on..But u need to wack the volume up to get any good bass....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts