Tannoy F4 speakers

A

Anonymous

That is a great price! It's such a shame that Richers don't do them in the oak finish as I think the beech is slightly tacky looking to my eyes whereas the oak finish looks much better.

Still, that is ALOT of speaker for £150!!!

A

Anonymous

Gotta say thanks Cheyworth for bringing this offer to my attention, finally got the chance to get into Richer Sounds today after deliberating far too long over to get or not to get these speakers... and I'm so damn glad I did, they are stunning and an absolute steal at that price! Breaking them in with John Martyn's "Solid Air" as I type this, just in musical bliss!

My Mission M71s, JPW Mini Monitors and Gale 4 floorstanders are now all completely relegated and I doubt I'll be ugrading these for many years!!!

A

Anonymous

Would an onkyo 325 be ridiculously underpowered for these?

Q Bass

Sep 5, 2007
Visit site
ianmcg:

Richer Sounds advert in the January issue of HiFi Choice has the price at £119.99

If this is true I'm going to hold off buying

Richer Sounds

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Q Bass:ianmcg:

Richer Sounds advert in the January issue of HiFi Choice has the price at £119.99

If this is true I'm going to hold off buying

Hi all,

The offers in the January 2009 edition of "Hi-Fi Choice" are valid from 7th December 2008 to 13th January 2009.

Many thanks.

A

Anonymous

Are yous serious? Any chance of a scan of the ad? Methinks I need to pop into Richers with my reciept and see if they'll refund the difference, after all, I bought them on the 7th!

At £149.95 they're a bloody good offer, at £119, well, that's just unbelieeeeeeeeeeeevable!! Someone pinch me...

A

Anonymous

Oh and the Onkyo CS325 is probably a fair bit underpowered to get these great speakers going (only 19wpc from what I know)... I'm running them on a Denon PMA-255UK which is 30wpc into 8ohms which is fine for me at the moment (in a flat so not cranking them up), but I am considering a heftier upgrade (pre+power amps preferably) for that peace of mind that the F4s are getting fed the power they need...

A

Anonymous

That is what i was thinking, but i really wanted to upgrade the speakers, then next year upgrade to a real Hi-Fi.

A

Anonymous

I would thoroughly thoroughly recommend getting these speakers if you can, and even if you have to, put them in storage until you can get yourself a separate amplifier + source!!! I doubt you will get anything this good at such a price without going onto ebay (even then you can't get F4 Customs on their for less than about £210 (at the cheapest!)

You will probably regret it if you don't try and get these now... the Richer Sounds I got mine from said they're all getting snapped up for reservations before the stock even gets to their store!

A

Anonymous

They are big! All the more speaker to enjoy lol

How did you get them at £119.99? Did you just mention the price or did you have an ad?

I want to pop into Richers tomorrow with my reciept to see if they'll refund me the difference... after all RS price challenge is apparently valid up to 7 days after you've bought an item... wonder if it counts if it's their own price that has reduced?!

A

Anonymous

I picked up mine yesterday and they sound fantastic. They are only connected to an aging amp which i found in the garage, and my onkyo 325 as a source but even then the improvement is gob smacking. I just hope i can buy a Marantz PM6002 early next year.

A

Anonymous

Glad you got them Tom, aren't they amazing! In my mind Tannoys are grossly underrated by the hifi buying public.

Richer Sounds Glasgow also gave me a £30 refund for the ad that took them down to £119.99. WHAT A BARGAIN!

My near 10 year old Denon PMA-255UK (35wpc) is running them, BUT the F4s must be extremely easy to drive as the amp hasn't faltered at all delivering the loudest volumes I like to listen at, and still sounding great at very low volumes as well!

Still breaking them in with everything I can get my hands on out of my collection and they can deliver everything I'm throwing at them with finesse and power when it's needed. It's like rediscovering my music collection for the first time.

I too wouldn't mind going up to something like the PM6002. But also take a look on eBay for amplifier bargains, you could probably get something worth alot more for a good price (currently searching for various Roksan, Linn, classic Pioneer, well in fact looking at anything I can drive to that might do the job and go for stupidely cheap prices!)

A

Anonymous

I've just purchased these about an hour ago, along with the FC Custom Centre (£49.99) and a pair of F1's for £90 (with a bit of haggling becasue I could get them cheaper online) making the total cost just £259.99!!! By anyones book thats a whole lot of (quality) speaker for money. Canny wait to set it all up and finally hear what these new HD audio formats sound like. Meeerrrryyyy Christmas neighbours!!!

T

the record spot

I don't doubt they're a good speaker and all, even moreso for the £120 outlay, but the finish puts me off - esp at the original £400.

A

Anonymous

i got mine last weekend £119.95 :) also u dont need to buy the mags for the discount its in there flyer what you can pick up instore,off to get my center speaker this weekend

Q Bass

Sep 5, 2007
Visit site
They look so much better than the pictures - I was put off but went along to have a look and they looked better in the shop so I purchased 2 pairs and the FC

Now can anyone tell me which sub would go better with them as I have a MS309w for now

A

Anonymous

Would it be ok to re-stain the cabinets? Do they come varnished?

As others have already said, I'm very put off by the finish (would prefer "walnut" or something) but the price is enticing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts