Tannoy DC6 vs DC6T

Mohsin

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
A few weeks ago I purchased a pair of Tannoy DC6 bookshelf speakers and have been suprisingly happy with them. I still cant decide if I prefer them to the RX1 or not. I paid £200 but could get the DC6T floorstanders for £400. Has anyone heard both? and are the floorstanders worth twice as much? I have a sealed subwoofer which integrates really well with the DC6 but it doesnt seem to add anything until the volume is turned up.

Mo

Mohsin

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
I popped into my local Richer Sounds and had a quick demo of the DC6T. I found them to be excellent for the current £400 they are selling for but thought the bass was a little lacking considering they are 3 times the size of the bookshelf DC6 and have an additional dedicated bass driver. It was the slight lack in bass that was making me consider the DC6T over the DC6 but I didnt find them to offer much more at low volumes. I did try quite a few songs but the difference in bass was really only noticable when the volume was turned up. So decided to keep the DC6 and will continue to alternate between these and the RX1's until I can settle on one. The other will make its way into the loft.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts