Tannoy DC6 running in?

Mohsin

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Although I have only recently upgraded to the Monitor Audio RX1's I have been a little disappointed with how they produce bass when being close to a wall which in my situation is a must. I managed to get some Tannoy DC6's from RS as they had them reduced to £200 and thought I would try them.

I know MA have quite a long running in period before they sound there best but does anyone have any ideas as to what kind of running in time the Tannoy's need? I must admit that when I first plugged them in the bass was a little light and they were suprisingly bright compared to the RX1's but within a few days of listening either they have changed or I have adjusted to the sound.

Mo

"A few days of listening either they have changed or I have adjusted to the sound"

Bit of both. Although manufactuers recommend 'X' amount of time for running in components but it'll come down (also) to room acoustics, your hearing and how loud you play music, although it's advisable you don't crank the knob too high.

When I first purchased the RS6s I left them ticking over overnight and then played them for around 3 hours per day over the subsequent week (5-days).

Mohsin

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the reply PP, I have found that the Tannoys have probably run in alot quicker then my rx1's and are sounding alot better in the space of a few weeks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts