Tacima mains conditioner

audiowizard

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I recently purchased the Tacima mains conditioner from Amazon, I have been having problems with my neighbours cb interfering with my surround sound, which is becoming very annoying. Apart from the fact that it hasnt filtered out the interference I was getting, my surround sound now sounds much lower, as if I need to turn it up more than normal. Has anyone else had any issues with this when connecting their av equipment? Sorry if this has been posted before, just thought id do a quick post.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
audiowizard:I recently purchased the Tacima mains conditioner from Amazon, I have been having problems with my neighbours cb interfering with my surround sound, which is becoming very annoying. Apart from the fact that it hasnt filtered out the interference I was getting, my surround sound now sounds much lower, as if I need to turn it up more than normal. Has anyone else had any issues with this when connecting their av equipment? Sorry if this has been posted before, just thought id do a quick post.

Either have the AV receiver plug, nearest to the coil on the Tacima or plug it directly into the wall.

A

Anonymous

Audiowizard, It's your speaker cable that is picking up the CB. If you have parallel cables try putting a twist in them.

A

Anonymous

I see that the red and black connections run parallel to each other lengthwise - since they are joined along that length putting a twist in won't be easy - I would pull the red and black apart and that will allow them to be twisted into a 'twisted-pair' more easily - see www.chinadropwire.com/fsxunlian/Files/Romote/200810/twisted_pair_cable.jpg

else, you are going to put RF suppresors of some-sort to shield the wire e.g TDK have some cylindrical ceramic rf suppressors, can't find imge right now.

Luckily QED Micro is quite cheap, since if all else fails, you may need to try a different kind of cable, possibly shielded.

It is possible an interconnect is picking up the RF, but I bet it is the Speaker cables -- how long are they ? A different length may also work better.

audiowizard

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Im not sure exactly how long the cables are, they are cut to length though, and wired to each speaker through cable trunking, which would be a bit of a nightmare to change the cables. I might just have to live with it, or change the speaker cables sometime in the future, thanks for the info, much appreciated.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
does anything else run in the trunking to your knowledge(pls dont look unless you no what you are doing)it coluld be picking up intrferance from other cables if thay are runing parallel

a good test could be disconect your current speaker cable from amps and speakers (you can leave it in trunking)and just hook up some new cable between amp and speakers,you could just try cheep stuff,just to see if the problem is what else might be in the trunking.

audiowizard

May 16, 2010
Visit site
No, I ran the speakers through the trunking myself, its only the speaker wires that run through the trunking. The only thing I can think of, is when the speaker wires go into my amp, behind my av rack, it could be picking up interferance from other cables?

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
maybe try refitting speaker cable cheking there are no loose or wayward strands,if not a tidy up of your other cables could help
emotion-7.gif
maybe some ferrite clamps

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts