Tablets linked to Hi-Fi.....problem with Acer Iconia A1. What tablet works?

rotorist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I picked up an Acer Iconia A1 this week which is great other than when connected to various amps via the headphone socket. It sends some sort of signal to the amp which sounds like a high pitched repetetive clicking, bit like when your tyres hit the rumble strip on the side of a road but higher in pitch, music can also be heard and on moving the jack plug around it can be temporarily stopped. (works fine with headphones).

I am going to return the tablet if I cannot find a solution shortly.

What I need to work out is have I got a faulty tablet, so by replacing with the same one again will that eliminate it, does anyone else use the A1 with a hi-fi and if so does it work well?

Any other tablets that people might recommend which dont break the bank (mine was £150) that work well with hi-fi please?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I have had my iPad Mini for just over a week and it sounds excellent via AirPlay and with my Sennheiser PX100s and even Bluetooth. Yes, it costs a bit more than your budget but it's well worth saving up for a little longer.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus 7 can be picked up for around £150. I have one and the headphone output sounds fine on it.

Alternatively you could stream music wirelessly from a tablet using wifi provided you have something that can receive the signal and convert it into an analogue signal for your amplifier.

T

the record spot

I use the Onkyo remote app which then lets me access the 818's menus and with it the onboard Spotify that comes with it. After that I just select what I like. :)

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
The Nexus 7 can be picked up for around £150. I have one and the headphone output sounds fine on it.

Agreed.

However I cannot seem to get the My Music function showing on the Home page on theSqueezebox App?

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Another solution could be to investigate Bluetooth. Something like te QED uPlay (or similar). This will mean your tablet will be free of a pyhiscal connection. I had one a couple of years ago and it worked well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts