System with IPOD facility (eg, Goodmans CD Micro System 1465i)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I'm trying to find reviews for CD/Radio systems that also include an IPOD playing facility. At the low end of the price scale there is the Goodmans CD Micro System 1465i, but very little further information seems available.

I was wondering if anyone had any experiences of this system and / or any recommendations for other systems?

Any help much appreciated,

Mike

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Preferably playing both (in case one of use is away with the iPod), and I don't really have any budget in mind. Happy to pay for good quality!!

John Duncan

Can't speak for the Goodmans , but I personally would start with the Yamaha CRXM170 with a 20 quid dock (though no real integration), the Onkyo CR515DAB (250 say) which has a dedicated iPod connection, moving up to the Arcam Solo Mini (650 + speakers), which with its rDock has excellent integration and is the start of 'proper' hifi in the genre.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
1...What's your budget?(Do you definitely want a single unit?)
2... A dock is not necessary, as any unit with RCA audio in sockets will work just as well - You simply get an RCA to minijack, or RCA to iPod lead. (I suggest the former as it's more standard, and to my ears sounds the same. The only thing a dock gives you is a pretty seat for the iPod (unless it also charges I guess)

John Duncan

[quote user="fr0g"]The only thing a dock gives you is a pretty seat for the iPod (unless it also
charges I guess)[/quote]

Both of which (pretty/charges) would make me prefer it over the cable, irrespective of sound.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The best docks also allow you to control your iPod, rather than having to keep getting up to use the clickwheel everytime you want to change volume/track.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
The best docks also allow you to control your iPod, rather than having to keep getting up to use the clickwheel everytime you want to change volume/track.

[/quote]

Aye. Fair enough. But the point remains in any case. A dock is not necessary, and can be purchased as a separate item anyway if you need the extra functionality.
So I would personally start with a budget and work backwards from there, rather than filtering my choices by whether or not a dock is standard issue.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all your help. I think it is now time to persuade my wife that the Onkyo CR515DAB is the best option!!! Bit unsure about which dock to go for as only the AX2 mentions that is compatible with the iPod classic.

Thanks again,

Mike

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts