System Matching + some PRAT?

CraigDS

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
Good evening,

My Source is a Linn Sneaky DS which is really analytical and very detailed. I also like how I can control it using my Laptop, I-pod touch and my mobile phone which you can not do with a Uniti. I want to add some P.R.A.T. to my music and give my AC/DC some extra voltage [:D]. Would using a Naim Nait XS help me achieve this or can anyone advise me of a good amp which would? cheers

T

the record spot

PRaT? Meh! Never been convinced of that except that it might've been conceived by someone taking the whatever!

If you want a rockers amp, then a Leema Pulse or the original Exposure 2010 might do the job. The Leema has a good deep bass on it, but no slouch in the other stakes, while the Exposure amp had a bit of clout the later ones apparently don't. The Pulse you can now get for around £850-900 (from £1300) while the 2010 should be yours for around £200-£275.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
CraigDS:

I want to add some P.R.A.T. to my music and give my AC/DC some extra voltage
emotion-2.gif
. Would using a Naim Nait XS help me achieve this ...

Imo yes

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Pace, rhythm and timing are contained in the information from the music signal if the music has PRAT.

Assuming one is not using a really poorly adjusted turntable - with a rusty bearing and a slack belt - as a source, then pace, rhythm, timing etc. can be heard from any competent system and not just from Naim.

In my experience it can be heard from a portable radio with a 3.5" speaker or from an iPhone or a Rega or an Arcam.

I believe the whole PRAT 'thing' has turned from being a memorable acronym (supposedly describing Naim's virtues) and become a rod with which to beat the company, it's products and it's customers.

Makes me wince when I read it.

T

the record spot

Still reckon it was an in-joke bomb that was lobbed at the audiophile community....!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
The question for you

Could it be that "PRaT" (as in the catchphase) was introduce by a certain Hifi company that can't build electronics (or speakers) that any good in other department? ie soundstage, Imaging, presence etc.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:No, I don't think so. I think it came from a reviewer...

Wasn't you was it?

Come to think of it I think you are right, properbly was Martin C who came up with the PRaT

TRENDING THREADS