System For Late Night Listening

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
S

SemiChronic

Agreed, those holographic moments and chills shared with the Wife-Slave are priceless

Macspur said:
Rob G said:
Well System is fully working and wired with Atlas Cables throughout and speakers are sitting atop the Partington Super Dreadnoughts.

My partner and myself listened yesterday evening till nearly 5am this morning and I can safely say that any reservations that I had about the sugden Amp/CD combo has melted away.

After installing the new cables and stands that midrange has become bigger and bolder, 3Dsoundstage has increased and seperation has also increased..

The bass has gained a lot more texture and the treble is more silky, with more air.

My partner was in tears listening to Alison Krauss, Whiskey Lullaby. She couldn't believe how realistic everything sounded.

It must have been in the early hours of the morning that my partner made the remark, I really have never seen you gain so much pleasure from listening to music.

I am absolutely delighted and finally after a lot of years I am actually deeply touched by listening to music.

Regarding the audition of the Unison Research amplifier, I am not going to bother. I am truly happy and content with my system. I do not need/want to know what else is on offer to me. I am enjoying my music too much and that is why I bought a new system, for the pleasure of listening not for analysis. This combination just involves me in the music and conveys the emotion of the artist and musicians. What more could I desire.

One thing that may be added in future is a turntable, but first we are going to enjoy our CD collection. We both have a small vinyl collection and we both would like to explore that avenue.

By the way, my partner has told me that a new car would never have brought so much pleasure. I seem to have a good woman!

Would like to thank you all for taking the time to reply and suggestions, even if I went my own way and ignored common sense..... It seems to have worked out ok *biggrin*

Hey! that's great news and I like your girlfriend's taste in music...

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wrdpress.com

Thank you.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Rob G said:
Well System is fully working and wired with Atlas Cables throughout and speakers are sitting atop the Partington Super Dreadnoughts.

My partner and myself listened yesterday evening till nearly 5am this morning and I can safely say that any reservations that I had about the sugden Amp/CD combo has melted away.

After installing the new cables and stands that midrange has become bigger and bolder, 3Dsoundstage has increased and seperation has also increased..

The bass has gained a lot more texture and the treble is more silky, with more air.

My partner was in tears listening to Alison Krauss, Whiskey Lullaby. She couldn't believe how realistic everything sounded.

It must have been in the early hours of the morning that my partner made the remark, I really have never seen you gain so much pleasure from listening to music.

I am absolutely delighted and finally after a lot of years I am actually deeply touched by listening to music.

Regarding the audition of the Unison Research amplifier, I am not going to bother. I am truly happy and content with my system. I do not need/want to know what else is on offer to me. I am enjoying my music too much and that is why I bought a new system, for the pleasure of listening not for analysis. This combination just involves me in the music and conveys the emotion of the artist and musicians. What more could I desire.

One thing that may be added in future is a turntable, but first we are going to enjoy our CD collection. We both have a small vinyl collection and we both would like to explore that avenue.

By the way, my partner has told me that a new car would never have brought so much pleasure. I seem to have a good woman!

Would like to thank you all for taking the time to reply and suggestions, even if I went my own way and ignored common sense..... It seems to have worked out ok *biggrin*

Glad to hear everything worked out for you both.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts