System Advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
First of all...sorry for any daft questions.

I've spent a while trawling through all of the info on the net regarding systems and I've got a headache! After some consultation here and there, I've put together the following:

Onkyo TX-SR608
Floor Standers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.4
Centre: Wharfedale DIAMOND 10 CS

A

Anonymous

Previous Post Saved incomplete! Sorry

First of all...sorry for any daft questions.

I've spent a while trawling through all of the info on the net regarding systems and I've got a headache! After some consultation here and there, I've put together the following:

Onkyo TX-SR608
Floor Standers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.4
Centre: Wharfedale DIAMOND 10 CS
Ipod dock: Onkyo NDS1

Later will look to invest in to rear speakers and CD deck (most of our music is on the ipod).

Our needs: good sound system for rock, classical and jazz. System that is good for movies (HD TV & Blu Ray).

Any thoughts or suggestions for equipment in this class/price range?

Thanks!
Kris

A

Anonymous

Cinema wise : missing a subwoofer and surround speakers here.

Stereo wise : center isn't necessary.

What I mean is : your solution is illogical to both ends. If you're buying a center, you need to buy the surrounds. If you don't want surrounds, then you don't really need a center nor an A/V receiver. Since you seem to be more into music, a stereo system with subwoofer could do the trick, integrated amp (only stereo) instead of A/V receiver : of course you could not get the multitrack HD sound, but you would be more rewarded with music than with any A/V receiver. Still, if you want the universal solution, Onkyo receiver should be a fine buy, but you'll have to buy surrounds and a sub. If you did not include these because you're thinking about saving money now (start basic and complete later), then cut the center and invest into a sub, it would be more logical. If you just forgot them or did not really know if they were necessary, then include them in your solution. I-pod connectivity is available on most integrated amps and A/V receivers. So what you should have is : int. amp, floorstanders, sub, Blu-Ray device (and perhaps a dedicated CD player for your music), I pod dock ; or : A/V Receiver, floorstanders, center, surrounds, sub, Blu Ray device, I pod dock. You could still connect a separated CD player, but a good Blu Ray player will suffice with an A/V receiver... on which you'll find a Stereo mode, and even often a Pure Direct mode that'll cut off some of the digital processing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts