Synology

se7en

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

would any of the synology products with USB 3.0 allow me to hook up to computer or blu ray player and allow me to see hard drives and stream off internal hard drives. Or are the USB 3.0 only for connecting up an external hdd printer etc.

i have an external powered hdd enclousre that is fast filling up you see. So wondered if synology nas would be the way to go or a 2 to 4 bay hdd enclosure.

many thanks

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
The USB ports on the Synology NAS are for connecting external hard disks etc. You couldn't connect your computer / Blu-ray player to these ports and then read the info on the NAS - this can only be done by these devices over your network.

se7en

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
professorhat said:
The USB ports on the Synology NAS are for connecting external hard disks etc. You couldn't connect your computer / Blu-ray player to these ports and then read the info on the NAS - this can only be done by these devices over your network.

thanks professorhat that was exactly the answer I was looking for many thanks once again for the help and answer.

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
The Synology only has usb host ports.

So HD's for backup & streaming to a USB speaker or other audio devices connected to the audio dock or the Synology Remote only.

TRENDING THREADS