Switching to longer speaker cable

Oluain

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I have moved house and I will need to get longer speaker cables (4m & 8m) to accommodate the new layout.

Currently I have 'Atlas Equator 3.0 6N pure OFC' speaker cables.
These are paired with Spendor A6 speakers and a Cyrus 8 XPd Qx amp.
The cable would have been recommended by the shop when I bought the speakers 10 years ago, but I cannot find much information about it online and I assume it is discontinued.

So, what cables should I be looking for to replace these?

Thanks!

giggsy1977

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
Some decent gauge copper is what you need. For those lengths I would say 2.5mm Cross sectional area. I use Van Damme Hifi Series and it works a treat! No need to spend more.

Jez l

May 1, 2020
Visit site
Controversial :)

I use nva cables on my system they sound great and I recommend them. I can tell the difference between cables in my system.

No doubt others will come along and say get the cheapest stuff you can get your hands on...

**grabs popcorn**

I would suggest the lengths you talk of are irrelevant. Any decent cable will do however, it's just me, but I would keep the lengths the same whether you need it or not. As I said no real reason, just my opinion.
I did the sums once, assuming a given % of the speed of light and a halving of cable length on one side. All you had to do was move your head one hundred thousandth of millimetre to the appropriate side and you compensated.

(Says he who also has symmetrical length speaker cables despite one speaker having always been much closer than the other... :) )

Oluain

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, I'll check out those recommendations.... don't think I will be going for symmetrical cable lengths though! :) Budgetwise I was just interested in something similar, or a slight upgrade to my current cables. Thanks

Thanks, I'll check out those recommendations.... don't think I will be going for symmetrical cable lengths though! :) Budgetwise I was just interested in something similar, or a slight upgrade to my current cables. Thanks
Not knowing what those cables cost it's difficult to answer, however I use Supra cables in my AV set-up purely because they were pretty cheap at the time and very well constructed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts