SVS-SB-01 + Onkyo 605 or Quad L-Ite + Onkyo 705?

tommyb

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
Right,

I think my mind is made up - well, sort of!

Do I go for the excellent SVS-SB-01 and pair them with the Onkyo 605?

Or,

Do I go for the excellent deal on the Quad L-ites and upgrade to the Onkyo 705?

I know it's down to personal preference somewhat and listening - but I live in the Isle of Man and so demo's are out of the question really - although I will be in Manchester at the end of Feb - should I go to Sevenoaks? they seem to be very popular on here.

Let me Know what you think, all opinions greatly received.

Cheers guys and gals.
thumbsup.gif

A

Anonymous

If you can't look at them in the flesh (wood?) I'd try and make mock-ups of the SVS boxes. If I remember correctly they're a big step up in size from the quad l-ites.

The SBS set gets rave reviews (in the US mags/sites and another site). Only you can decide how important a personal audition is I guess.

Sevenoaks have a branch in Manchester. Superfi in Manchester also carry the Quads and can put on a decent demo.

Rob

tommyb

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
Come on guys and gals - please help?

Do I push the boat out to an Onkyo 805 + Quad Lites? or balance it Onkyo 705 + SVS

I guess what I'm trying to balance is qualtiy of amp + future proofness (is that a word?) against quality of speaker. I know the cables are going to cost also and the wall brackets.

Is the extra cost of £250 for the SVS over the quad lites worth it?

Is it worth the extra cost from 705 - 805?

PLease Please help.

tommyb

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
Cheers for that mate, that's some great advice!

Crikey - the svs are bigger than the Quad Lites! Also, I'm not convinced that they are £250 better than the Quad L-ites unless anyone has an opinion otherwise???

Also, I beleive that the main advantage (I know there are some minor others) of the Onkyo 875 over the 805 is that it upscales to 1080p. I'm probably going to invest in a PS3 towards the end of the year which obviously is Blue Ray. Does that mean that the purchase of an 875 over an 805 would not justify the extra £200?

I think I'm pretty set on the Onkyo 805 + Quad L-ites (subject to some sound tests when I'm on the mainland). Am I being stupid with respect to my initial choices? please offer all opinions - no offence taken - I'm a complete novice in this area.

If I was to go to sevenoaks or superfi - what kind of deals should be pushing for with respect to cables etc? again - totally clueless! I'm going to be using the system for both music and movies.

Thanks for your patience in sticking with the message if your still reading.

emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts