onkyo 705 fan noise

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
ive got an onkyo 705 and the fronts are hooked up to two power amps so the onkyo is only powering the center and rears and after waching the buisness on bluray i could hear a noise coming from the amp so i put it on standbuy and i could still hear it so disconected the power and noise gone so it was definatly the onkyo i pluged it back in and no noise,for about 2minutes the noise back again so i put it on standby again and after about10 minutes fans stoped,i was not playing the movie perticuly loud and i dont even think the film was that demanding as ive wached things like batman (the darknight)after waching several hours of tv before hand and never heard this before and on this ocasion the tv had not been on all day .

this amp is only about two months old and for 18 months before that i had a 605 wich ran all seven speakers and never made a noise somtimes being on all day

i am considering geting a 5 chanel power amp to run the center and rears that should help with the heat issues of the onkyo

what i really want to no is should i be worried is this normal as i said my 605 did more work than this as there was no pre out and never did this in 18 months.

pls help me with this as ive had a very expensive couple of months and need to no its all going to be ok

A

Anonymous

How much breathing room does the onkyo have above it? it could be that the 705 being taller (i think) than the 605 isnt being as well ventilated

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
i allways thought it was bigger but it is the same size when i swapped them over it has about an inch and a half above it but the rack is open all the way around so should be ok breathing room but i no it is a more powerfull amp so it could get a bit hotter i think but then again it was only a 90 minute film doulby true hd so it was only 5.1 and the fronts are on pwer amps

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
if this is just an onkyo geting hot problem i will pick the power amp up this week but if it is my amps gonna die soon problem then i will hold off and when it dies get a new one cant really aford a new power amp and in a couple of weeks a new av amp

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts