Surround or no surround?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, Merry Christmas......

I am in a sticky situation......

I want to go out and buy a Samsung 40 7000 Led tv next week and unfortunately my living shape doesnt lend itself to 5.1 speakers systems, but i know that the tv's sound quality is rather poor....

So i have set my sights on a 2.1 home cinema system but i all ready have a PS3 and therefore don't require the Bluray function at all.

I know about the Q Acoustics TV2 surround speakers that do sound great and is a easy system to use but do i really want to add speakers to the side of the gorgeous LED screen? er no i don't....

Does anyone know of a 2.1 system that doesnt require a bluray or dvd system..... or even whether i could use the bose pc system to get the sound out of the led.

there are lots of 2.1 systems around that work on PC's am i being stupid in thinking that they could work on a tv?

if anyone could give me some tips on this i would appreciate it.

thanks

Mat

P.S does anyone have the Q TV2 system? is it possible to have the speakers pulled behind the tele and still get the surround as good?

A

Anonymous

Why dont you look into a soundbar? Yamaha do some cracking ones which would suit your room/system

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi Cosmaboy,

If you have room on your AV rack why not try a Soundbar....

I use a Yamaha YSP-30D model but there are plenty of other offerings and I use the optional Yamaha Subwoofer hidden under a coffee table so there is only 1 lead from the Yamaha Sound Projector to the Woofer to contend with and 2 models have won the WHF award.

Look for items on Richer sounds, Superfi etc as well as your local hifi shop if you can audition before you buy. I can upload a photo if you are interested in this sort of setup.

A

Anonymous

thanks, i'll take a look around google, hadn't thought of a sound bar.

cheers

mat

A

Anonymous

just get an amp ant take audio into amp and hdmi straight into tv. for freeview tv - get ps3 tuner add on that turns your ps3 into a pvr and sound comes through it too.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Although I haven't personally heard it why not check out the Onkyo HTX-22HD?

It's a highly regarded 2.1 system (inc. speakers and sub) which can also be upgraded to a 5.1 if conditions/tastes allow. It ticks every audio output box you could ever want and comes with 3 HDMI connections. Only slight downside I've seen is that the speaker cable connections are of
the spring clip variety.

The price? £229 from Superfi. As soon as I've got my Blu Ray will most definitely be checking it out myself.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, had a look at all and think the onkyo speakers and sun will suit, thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts