Surprising Result - AudioQuest JitterBug

Dom

Plugging one into an unused USB slot makes a subtle yet refreshing difference. It's a better balance. Instead of making things sound actually worse, it feels like a truer upgrade to the audio.

Anyone using one?

jjbomber

DomCheetham said:
Plugging one into an unused USB slot makes a subtle yet refreshing difference. It's a better balance. Instead of making things sound actually worse, it feels like a truer upgrade to the audio.

Anyone using one?

Audio-t were giving them away free with all purchases over £399. There may be quite a few new ones going for sale on flea bay shortly.

Dom

jjbomber said:
DomCheetham said:

Anyone using one?

Audio-t were giving them away free with all purchases over £399. There may be quite a few new ones going for sale on flea bay shortly.

I didn't get one, mind you I havn't hand over the cash yet.

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
DomCheetham said:
Plugging one into an unused USB slot makes a subtle yet refreshing difference. It's a better balance. Instead of making things sound actually worse, it feels like a truer upgrade to the audio. 

Anyone using one?

If you're using a computer as source I can recommend a software program that uses the memory to play music files. Costs about 60 to 100. Also an asynchronous dac and transferring over usb can help. Would be interestjng to test if the jitterbug still makes a difference then. (My experience with asynchronous dacs is that they make other modifications irrelevant)

Dom

Superaintit said:
DomCheetham said:

Anyone using one?

If you're using a computer as source I can recommend a software program that uses the memory to play music files. Costs about 60 to 100. Also an asynchronous dac and transferring over usb can help. Would be interestjng to test if the jitterbug still makes a difference then. (My experience with asynchronous dacs is that they make other modifications irrelevant)

I find that the JitterBug does affect sound. Just like cables, it's a debate and people hear what they want.

I am curious, which memory player costs £60 to £100. I use JRiver which has play in memory function and is £35.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
JPLay is the best £60 - £90 you can spend on an audio pc in my eyes.

Shortly followed by Fidelizer at about £50 and process lasso about £35.

Or Cad Scripts for free are outstanding if you can dedicate the computer

Dom

ellisdj said:
JPLay is the best £60 - £90 you can spend on an audio pc in my eyes.

Shortly followed by Fidelizer at about £50 and process lasso about £35.

Or Cad Scripts for free are outstanding if you can dedicate the computer

Thanks ellisdj for the info, always a pleasure.

TRENDING THREADS