surge protection help needed

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi i have Sony kdl40w4000, Sony ps3, Sony ht-fs1 sound system, Sky + box, V+ box, Cable modem, Wifi router, and my telephone.

which makes eight sockets. at the moment i have 4 pluged into one 4 way extension and 4 pluged into another 4 way extension

the extentions im using do not have surge protection and also take up two wall mounted sockets.

so i was looking round for a 8 way surge protection extension i've mainly been looking at the masterplug one i've seen it in argos for around £25.

anyone know if its any good or have any recomendations?

thankyou.

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
though it doesnt look like that

It looks like this

belkin_F9A823uk2M_mp.jpg

A

Anonymous

thanks for the quick reply.

some of my sockets are rather large & sqaure (modem,router,phone) would there be any problem fitting all eight into this unit at the same time.

have you noticed any improvement in your tv or hifi sytem using this product?

thanks.

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
I don't know if you would get much of an improvement of your components using one of these strips other than the obvious protection from electrical spikes, but if you looked at a unit which also provides filtering I've seen vast improvements in audio quality since adding a QED MDH6 to my system.

A

Anonymous

i've seen these and the sockets seem to be spaced out a bit more to fit larger plugs.

http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/Computing/Cables+and+Leads/Surge+Protectors/Masterplug/8-Way+2+Metre/426560

grumpyoldman

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
I would think twice before replacing one problem with another, potentially more serious one, that your present set-up avoids. It all depends on how many items that you run at the same time and how much power they consume. By combining all the equipment onto one 8 way extension socket, you run the risk of putting too much demand onto a single 13 amp plug.

A

Anonymous

Tom Moreno:I don't know if you would get much of an improvement of your components using one of these strips other than the obvious protection from electrical spikes, but if you looked at a unit which also provides filtering I've seen vast improvements in audio quality since adding a QED MDH6 to my system.

Hi,

as has already been said the belkin may or may not be suitable depending on the plug size that you require, but I can certainly recommend it for the improvement it has made in my set up admittedly i'm only running 4 plugs with my tv, amp, sky box and blu ray.

This unit does provide filtering and picture wise my freeview picture improved from having interference by passing traffic to having none and a clean crisp picture after i used the aerial imput/outputs.

Link below but for £18 thinks its a bargain IMO

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Home-Cinema-Surge-Protector/dp/B0003056QU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1246048309&sr=8-1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts