Supra LS (Lorad) power cords

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Has anyone tried the supra 1.5 or 2.5 power cords. Are they good value. How do they compare with other brands soundwise? I cant find the old what hifi review of them?

Cheers,

Steve.

A

Anonymous

Ive ordered a 2.5 m powercord, not got it yet but its at the post office depot so will get on sat morning and let you know if its an improvement for my cd player...

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
reggaedave:Ive ordered a 2.5 m powercord, not got it yet but its at the post office depot so will get on sat morning and le,t you know if its an improvement for my cd player...

Hi,

How did you go with the powercord?

Cheers,

Steve.

A

Anonymous

Ive not had chance to try it yet.

Tommorow evening hopefully, been decorating so system stripped down,but going to do a temp setup in dining room after work tommorow !

Just toying with the idea of ordering the famous tacima 6 way conditioner off of E-bay at the moment.

Will post tommorow late evening after test, straight from mains socket in house.

dave

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
reggaedave:

Ive not had chance to try it yet.

Tommorow evening hopefully, been decorating so system stripped down,but going to do a temp setup in dining room after work tommorow !

Just toying with the idea of ordering the famous tacima 6 way conditioner off of E-bay at the moment.

Will post tommorow late evening after test, straight from mains socket in house.

dave

Hi Dave,

Looking forward to your post.

Have a good day.

Cheers,

Steve.

A

Anonymous

Hi steve not had chance to test/ setup yet mate.

Will do tommorow, as going to start setting up now, look out for results after 9pm tommorow nite.

Ordered a tacima from E-Bay last nite aswell, thought i mite as well join the masses of people who have them!

Dave (electrician by day, decorator by night!)...

A

Anonymous

Tested. Yeah like it.

Hard to explain, but thought sound was better than with standard powercord.

Would i buy another one, yeah id buy more for my two amps. Sound i thought was a bit more controlled, clear on some notes. This cable is a 2.5mm core, massively screened and insulated cable, bigger the better i reckon.

The difference although small i think was worth it. I paid £23 for it delivered from E-bay.

I would look into big, 2.5mm powercords, screened, for my amps, but i think it look at them upto £50 each, rather than £100 each.

The biggest dissapointment was when i put my russ andrews supercube on the end of the supra powercord, didnt seem to do much...

Good upgrade, but dont go mad moneywise unless your flush. Id recommend the supra.

dave

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
reggaedave:

Tested. Yeah like it.

Hard to explain, but thought sound was better than with standard powercord.

Would i buy another one, yeah id buy more for my two amps. Sound i thought was a bit more controlled, clear on some notes. This cable is a 2.5mm core, massively screened and insulated cable, bigger the better i reckon.

The difference although small i think was worth it. I paid £23 for it delivered from E-bay.

I would look into big, 2.5mm powercords, screened, for my amps, but i think it look at them upto £50 each, rather than £100 each.

The biggest dissapointment was when i put my russ andrews supercube on the end of the supra powercord, didnt seem to do much...

Good upgrade, but dont go mad moneywise unless your flush. Id recommend the supra.

dave

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. Did you find you needed to burn yours in (dont laugh) if so did you notice any changes to the sound?.

I just bought one, only just plugged it in - more detail and clarity but a bit harsh - hopefully it will change with burn in. I noticed there is the 1.5 and 2.5 version. I read the 2.5 is better for amps - more current carrying ability.

Cheers,

Steve.

A

Anonymous

Im burning it in now. Only been plugged in since yesterday, see how it fares after a bit of playing time. I got the 2.5 one for my cdplayer? what size did you get?, and to what player?

I just plugged in my new tacima six way mains block, the one in the reveiws section, think im going to be very impressed with it, even more with a burn in...

more punch and bass from speakers, initial impression.

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I got the 2.5 too. I have a consonance cd-120 linear. I also have a furutech power cord FP- 314ag and a eichmann powerboard (plug 6 punits into it) which you can plug a decent power chord into it.

Cheers,

Steve.

A

Anonymous

Ive just got two of these for my pair of audiolab amps...thought id treat them, as a good discounted price...

http://www.hifix.co.uk/sku2.lasso?CHORD-POWER%20CHORD&item=acc34d33ca818c76ee4c4c8083ef96578d74d68ea250fedb

(thanks for link trueblue)

A

Anonymous

nice looking player, never even seen one of them before. 2010 seems to be the year for powercords.
emotion-5.gif

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Yes the year of the power cord
emotion-1.gif

I have also a valve pre and 2 rotel reworked power amps and nad power amp, reworked B&W 330i fronts and B&W 110i rears. Kimber 8tc speaker cable, nordost BH interconnect, siltech and eichamm express 6 and chord chameleon silver plus. A 12inch sub and marantz surround sound unit too.

Cheers

Steve.

A

Anonymous

nice big bag of kit !

took a small gamble on some new speaker cable (see hifi forum), what you reckon???

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
reggaedave:

nice big bag of kit !

took a small gamble on some new speaker cable (see hifi forum), what you reckon???

Hi,

What cable did you have? I havent heard of soniclink - cant really say? It was once reviewed in hif world mag - and gave it a nice write up - I say its been around for a few years. Its about 4 pounds a meter, for that price I like the chord speaker cable. It has a nice open treble and nice mids, tight bass. With that quality gear you need good speaker leads.

Have you compared the supra power cords to any other power cords - how does it compare with the tacima.

Cheers,

Steve.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Dave,

Just out of interest, I would not plug power amps or receivers into the Tacima, I found it robs them of a little dynamic scale. Try plugging your CDP or BRP into the socket (on the tacima) closest to the conditioning end (wall end).

Also I would suggest that the Powerchords be placed on your source equipment as that is where I have found the most difference.

With the extra current draw of the amps I would possible suggest a heavier gauge or a greater CSA cable. :)

Enjoy.

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
True Blue:

Dave,

Just out of interest, I would not plug power amps or receivers into the Tacima, I found it robs them of a little dynamic scale. Try plugging your CDP or BRP into the socket (on the tacima) closest to the conditioning end (wall end).

Also I would suggest that the Powerchords be placed on your source equipment as that is where I have found the most difference.

With the extra current draw of the amps I would possible suggest a heavier gauge or a greater CSA cable. :)

Enjoy.

Hi Dave,

Sorry to go off the topic - how do you find your chord chameleon cable - just got mine. Did you find yours took awhile to burn in - ( mine is a little harsh at the moment) what change did you experience? Did you compare them to other interconnects?

Cheers,

Steve

A

Anonymous

Hi its early days yet, ill experement with the tacima and different powercords over the next week or so. Early impressions with the tacima were good.

Like ive said system's stripped down for decorating, so kit all over the place...

A

Anonymous

chords should come in a couple of days...

QED Silver AnniversaryXT BiWire is the cable imm using at the moment. GOT A LOAD OF IT A WHILE AGO, BUT DIDNT NEED TO BIWIRE IN THE END, SO LOADS SPARE!!!

Should E-bay rest of it really, used a bit for home cinema speakers.

Just experimenting a bit.

A

Anonymous

Steve where did you order your supra from mate? , i may be after another 2.5mm lead thats all?

Mine from E-bay, was just wondering.

cheers Dave

p.s Trueblue, steve asked you this question mate...
Sorry to go off the topic - how do you find your chord chameleon cable
- just got mine. Did you find yours took awhile to burn in - ( mine is
a little harsh at the moment) what change did you experience? Did you
compare them to other interconnects?

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
reggaedave:
Steve where did you order your supra from mate? , i may be after another 2.5mm lead thats all?

cheers Dave

Sorry to go off the topic - how do you find your chord chameleon cable- just got mine. Did you find yours took awhile to burn in - ( mine isa little harsh at the moment) what change did you experience? Did youcompare them to other interconnects?

Thanks Dave missed that.

Steve, I have only ever bought used Chameleons so unfortunately I cannot comment upon how they sound "out of the box". However I am assuming mine are fully run in and the sound is very mature and powerful, full of detail. Excellent interconnect. Demoed a few others around the same price, but ended up sticking with what I have :)

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
reggaedave:

cheers Dave

Sorry to go off the topic - how do you find your chord chameleon cable - just got mine. Did you find yours took awhile to burn in - ( mine is a little harsh at the moment) what change did you experience? Did you compare them to other interconnects?

Hi reggaedave,

I bought mine from a local hifi shop in Melbourne. I heard the 2.5 they dont sell as a complete unit (plugs and leads) in UK due to it not having the CE approval but I think you can buy the 2.5 off the roll though. Its cheaper in the uk, its $200 (RRP) AUS for 1.5m Supra lorad 2.5.

I just bought a Jaycar hybrid valve amp see stereonet website I did a review of it and see audioenz website too. It was a bargain at $99 AUS. If you want valve sound at a cheap price for a small system. Thanks for following up on the question for me too.
emotion-1.gif

Cheers,

Steve.

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
True Blue:reggaedave:

cheers Dave

Sorry to go off the topic - how do you find your chord chameleon cable- just got mine. Did you find yours took awhile to burn in - ( mine isa little harsh at the moment) what change did you experience? Did youcompare them to other interconnects?

Thanks Dave missed that.

Steve, I have only ever bought used Chameleons so unfortunately I cannot comment upon how they sound "out of the box". However I am assuming mine are fully run in and the sound is very mature and powerful, full of detail. Excellent interconnect. Demoed a few others around the same price, but ended up sticking with what I have :)

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback on the chords chameleons. Which interconnects did you compare them too?

Yes I think chord make good cables.
emotion-1.gif

Cheers,

Steve.

A

Anonymous

The Supra is quite good, I have 3 in my system, chop and change a lot as I sell power cables and keep changing to see which is better, the lo-rad 2.5mm is quite a good performer, I use furutech schuko plugs as no fuse to degrade the sound! Got 3 off e-bay a while ago and still using them in my home cinema system till I flog them and use my old and trusty nordost again!
favicon.ico
PR: wait...
favicon.ico
I: wait...
favicon.ico
L: wait...
favicon.ico
LD: wait...
favicon.ico
I: wait...wait...
favicon.ico
favicon.ico