Supporting feet for your AV Kit at low cost!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I just wanted to give this idea I use to support all my AV kit. After reading a few years back about using the supports “Bright Star Iso Nodes” (rubber feet) I came up with my own take on this.

I have my AV kit placed in a handmade unit I made so you can’t see into the unit. I then got hold of some rubber balls or “solid rubber 2” pet balls” off a well known auction site. I then carefully cut each ball into half and placed them under each of my AV kit. These then become rubber feet that supports and dampen vibrations. I can see/hear an improvement and at a cost of £4 for 2 balls I think it’s a bargain.

I understand that the Bright Star supports are better and all black but this option is a good alternative and less of an outlay. I am also using the half rubber balls under my sub as it’s on a laminated floor which also helps.

I have also used on my kit (PS3/HD box/DVD player) an old copy of the Argos catalogue. This I then placed on top of each piece of kit (without blocking the air vents). This I also so a long time back in WHF about placing a house brick on top of your kit to help dampen vibrations.

Anyway just my ideas on this factor and I just wanted to pass it on to you.

And can I say take this opportunity to wish Happy Christmas to all the Staff at WHF and all the helpful advice I have had off the folks on the forum.

A

Anonymous

I got some off ebay that are very similar to bright star isonode thingies. wouldnt hack weight of a sub though only normal av stuff.

TRENDING THREADS