Super Dreadnoughts

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Who has these stands and if so; what are your thoughts on them (also what speakers do you have on them)?

If you have them; have you further filled them with atabites or similar; if so, what was the outcome?

Just interested as mine have landed this morning via Audio Analogue (very impressed by these guys)! They have the central column that can be filled byt theyre very sturdy to begin with and fairly weighty as well!

My B&W 685's will be going on them when i get home tonight.

A

Anonymous

I have the Super Dreadnoughts and I think they are fantastic, bass and weight are fantastic and they also look fantastic.

Messiah

I have my MA RS1's sat on them. I think the sound produced is excellent and I have not filled them.

However, I never compared them to any other stands so I could not say how they compete.

But as I have said, I love the sound produced and that's enough for me.....

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
I have Dreadnaughts with Acoustic Energy AE1 Mk2s blutacked to them.

Made quite an improvement in detailing and soundstaging over a pair of £30 Alphason stands.

At present they're unfilled, but Atabites are on my shopping list to try.

As I understand it filling the stand improves bass dynamics and solidity at the expense of speed and resoluton highter up the frequency range. It was a long time since I heard that so I may be wrong. I'd like to know what others think.

My floorboards are a little loose though and I keep needing to reseat the stands. They never seem as well anchored as they did in Superfi. It must be my flooring.

A

Anonymous

I have these too and they are superb.

Only problem is mine leak the kiln dried sand, very slowly, when I listen to music.

I think the previous owner filled the outer columns.ÿ

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
Got my PMC TB2+s on them, all columns filled with atabites. Massive improvement over the old MA stands I was using previously. It was like a whole other octave was revealed in the bass, and everything just tightened up and became much snappier and crisper.

A

Anonymous

Got a pair of MA GS10s on mine, without any filling. Previously had B&W 602 S3s on them. Both speakers have considerably more bass weight and grip on the superdreads.

A

Anonymous

Hi, I have threse (sys as below), not filled yet, don't know if i should bother or not.

ÿ

Also the center post plug seem fine but most of the small post plugs are very loose and if they were filled I think would just fall out!ÿ

ÿ

They sound great and I love the look (my 685 are black too)ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts