Question Super Budget Active Speaker

fodioconello

May 11, 2021
Visit site
Hello Guys,
I know it could be painful for you but I need advice on a pair of desktop active speaker. Actualy I'm watching at this two guys here:
  • Mackie CR3-XBT
  • Edifier R33-BT (I already got a pair of higher-end edifier)
As you can see dimensions count, but Bluetooth is not a strict requirement.
Do you have any suggestions? My goal is to provide a decent sound to my desktop PC.

Thanks!

record_spot

If you can find a pair, Quad 9as were very good, compact and good input options too. £349 at new, you'd maybe pick up a much cheaper pair gently used, or NOS.

Otherwise, Mackies, are hard to fault, but consider Tannoy Reveal 402 if small enough.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Many actives have that if you turn up the gain to max particularly if you're using an unbalanced source. Any suggestions at that budget?

JBLs mentioned above are a great shout but much more expensive than monitors used and much bigger too.
I didn't price the others mentioned but the jbls are on thomann at the moment for 85 pounds each so still a great bargain...but as you say, maybe too big

Last edited:

fodioconello

May 11, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions guys.
Unfortunately, I'm on the Italian market and some of the mentioned products are not available.

I'm looking at the JBL but they seem too big for my setup.
I think I will go for the Mackie alternative. But for this tier, does it makes sense to buy stands and pads?

insider9

Decent stand will last you years and many speaker changes. Isolation pads too. You won't ever get know how good your speakers can sound without them.

If you can figure out how to get the speakers at right height so they don't just sit atop of your desk then isolation on its own would be fine.

Reactions: muljao

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts