Suggestion on a simple network player

sebbaan

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Currently I have my v200 headphone amp/v800 DAC hooked up to the PC via USB. Music is played through Foobar2000 from a NAS, rarely more than 24/96 FLAC. Thing is I would like to sit a little more comfortable when listening, not in my office chair in front of the PC. Anyone got a suggestion on what I could use to play my files from the NAS instead of the PC, I'm talking about some sort of network player that hooks up to the v200/v800 stack via USB/optical and has support for DLNA/UPNP. Does it matter (in terms of soundquality) what transport I use (in terms of price) to get the music from the NAS to the v800 DAC, or could basically anything do? A must is that the network player has support for some sort of smartphone app to control it. Hope you understand what I mean and what I'm after =).

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I recently bought the bluesound power node gen 1 for 350 pounds, and iam really happy with the sound quality and ease of use. Iam presently on a boat , so have them hooked up to a qacoustics q7000lri and a q7070si sub. I think the powenode deserves better speakers though. The sense of rythm and timing is very good. Plus the advantage of streaming, or playing from a hard disk or via Bluetooth. And controlling it all comfortably from a smart phone.

What kind of smartphone do you have? If you have any recent Samsung or LG or Sony with Android 5+ running on it, you could get an OTG adapter and connect the USB port of the phone directly to your DAC. Then for DLNAUPNP capacity, it's built in most android phones but I myslef prefer to use BubbleUPNP to stream and voila! you're good for hours of high quality music listening in the comfort of the chair of your choice.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and tried this little setup connected directly to the USB input of a McIntosh preamp (C48) and it did wonders.

One way you could go even better would be to download the specific playlist you want to listen to, it should take only a couple minutes and bubbleUPNP has an option to make this easy and the sound quality would be even better than streaming live.

Hope this help.

NIc

thewinelake.

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm investigati g the Raumfd connector for precisely this reason.

There's a promotion running that enables you to take out an 8 week evaluation

only £120....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts