Suggestion for a really good integrated (stereo)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Dear Sirs,

I would like to select a really musical stereo integrated of about 40W/channel (solid state).

I have my eyes on an old ALBARRY PP1 that I read is very remarkable soundwise.

Are there any other worthy amps on a par with the PP1 for sound quality and price ?

Thank you very much indeed.

Kind regards,

beppe

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
nice amp i remember it well,very valve like in it's presentation but not in a soft way.i also liked the alchemist kraken but so so reliability.the cyrus 2 is another nice amp,musical fidelity a1 is another nice amp but again so so reliability.the onyx 1 was a very nice amp as well, then of course you have the audiolab 8000a and the naim nait's 1,2 and 3 and the very underated aura v 100. i have to admit though that the albarry in it's red livery looks very nice.good luck and please let us know how you get on as you dont see the albarrys come up very often.gregory.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="gregory"]

nice amp i remember it well,very valve like in it's presentation but not in a soft way.

i also liked the alchemist kraken but so so reliability.the cyrus 2 is another nice amp,musical fidelity a1 is another nice amp but again so so reliability.

the onyx 1 was a very nice amp as well, then of course you have the audiolab 8000a and the naim nait's 1,2 and 3 and the very underated aura v 100. i have to admit though that the albarry in it's red livery looks very nice.

good luck and please let us know how you get on as you dont see the albarrys come up very often.gregory.[/quote]

Dear Mr Gregory,

thank you so much for your very kind and valuable reply.

Actually some months ago I had the opportunity to listen two M408 Albarry power amps and I like the sound quite a lot. I hope that the sound of the integrated is similar. One of the main problem with solid state amp is usually the midrange (i.e. the reproduction of voices). The M408s gave a very good performance with singers.

I intend to match the integrated with a pair of old Tannoy DC100 that I already own.

Thanks again and kind regards,

Beppe

A

Anonymous

[quote user="sex"]does Beppe stand for Giuseppe?[/quote]

You are perfectly right Sir. My first name is Giuseppe.

Please excuse my belated reply but during the working days I have no access to the net.

Kind regards,

Giuseppe/Beppe

A

Anonymous

[quote user="beppe61"]
[quote user="sex"]does Beppe stand for Giuseppe?[/quote]

You are perfectly right Sir. My first name is Giuseppe.

Please excuse my belated reply but during the working days I have no access to the net.

Kind regards,

Giuseppe/Beppe
[/quote]

beppe benvenuto nel forum con piacere Stefano

A

Anonymous

Dear Mr Gregory,

please excuse me if I reply just today. I had problem with my pc. The Albarry has been sold too quickly. A pity.

In the end I found from a friend a little NVA AP10, a small integrated of about 10W/channel.

The friend has modified it with bigger power caps and a bigger mains transformer (now an external 200VA from Walsall-UK). I have to say that I like the sound very much. My old Tannoy DC100 are quite sensitive and 10W seem enough for normal listening.

Long life to British sound !

Thank you very much indeed for your kind and valuable suggestion.

Kindest regards,

Beppe

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts