Suggested Upgrade for Hi Res Music.

aob9

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I recently invested in a Fiio X3 hi res player and reckon my Sennheiser PX100 ii may not do it complete justice. I understand opinions on headphones ( all hifi in fact) is very subjective but wonder if anybody can suggest a decent set that would help the X3 to shine. My budget is about £125, I can't afford to break the bank. I like a bit of emphasis on the bass, but not boom i.e Sony XB range is too strong. It may help to say that I listen to most of my music on a Denon PMA 720 amp through Boston Acoustic A25 speakers with "source Direct" on.

I'm considering a pair of Sony MDR-10R based on reviews but admit I haven't auditioned a pair yet.......Any opinions???

http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/headband-headphones/mdr-10rc

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I recently got a Brainwavz HM5 which has excellent sound and is close to that price. The ATH M50 is close also, but I don't know exactly how to compare it to the HM5. BTW, the HM5 may be available under different OEM model names.

aob9

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
dalethorn said:
I recently got a Brainwavz HM5 which has excellent sound and is close to that price. The ATH M50 is close also, but I don't know exactly how to compare it to the HM5. BTW, the HM5 may be available under different OEM model names.

I purchased Sennheiser Momentum On Ears for a knockdown price of €129 ( £101) based on reviews. I couldn't resist at the price, they are a marked improvement over the PX-100 ii.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts