Newbie advice - Wired vs wireless for Hi Res music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiekid007

Feb 11, 2022
Visit site
Hi
I am after some advice and my knowledge is rather limited. I have changed all my music into Hi-res and I currently have a Bowers and Wilkins P14 set of wireless earphones. Numerous people have told me that using wired earphones with a DAC is the best way to listen to music, but I am unsure which ones to go for. I want earphones rather than headphones and I have a budget of about £250.

The questions I have are:

1. Would wired really be better than wireless, bearing in mind current Bluetooth technology
2. Do you have any recommendations, I have been looking at Shure

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.
As nobody else has yet relied I will do my best to answer...
1/ Yes, even considering the advances in Bluetooth it still requires a lot of money to be spent integrating it into headphones along with means of powering them meaning less money is spent where it counts.
2/ Plenty, but its your ears so go audition plus you haven't said if you definitely want wired earphones.

Hi
I am after some advice and my knowledge is rather limited. I have changed all my music into Hi-res and I currently have a Bowers and Wilkins P14 set of wireless earphones. Numerous people have told me that using wired earphones with a DAC is the best way to listen to music, but I am unsure which ones to go for. I want earphones rather than headphones and I have a budget of about £250.

1. Would wired really be better than wireless, bearing in mind current Bluetooth technology

Thanks
Just find yourself an old NAD 3020, get someone capable to recap it, and replace the blown Xenor diodes. Content yourself with the source being crap, and forget about all the BS you heard in the press, they want your money and are being bought to tell you fairytales.

Hi

Thanks
Always! A decent amp and wired, will allow you to hear what BT lacks! Subtlety, dynamic range and more of what compression throws away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts