Sugden A28

esoteric1

Apr 16, 2024
Visit site
Hi all,
I have a Sugden A28 that was purchased new in around 1983. It recently stopped working so I sent it off to Sugden who fixed and serviced it. All good for a while. recently it has developed a hum, much more than normal as I know these are not silent at the best of times? its obtrusive to the point that if its on with no music it soon becomes annoying. Its a steady hum a bit more on one side that becomes slightly loud when volume is turned right up. What would you do? I dont want to spend any more money on it and anyway I have a Rega Brio which is superb (better actually than the Sugden ever was). Opinions on selling welcomed. TIA.

Have you checked all the components plugged in? A cable can come loose or even get damaged by movement, cleaning, pets, children, spillage etc.

If that careful checking and comparison with your Rega confirms it’s faulty, you can offer it as an eBay auction as ‘faulty or for parts’ or however they word it. Somebody handy with a soldering iron might get a bargain. Alternatively, try a repairer who isn’t Sugden if they’re too costly.

Welcome to the forum!

PS. Is the repair still under warranty?

Reactions: DougK1 and Al ears

esoteric1

Apr 16, 2024
Visit site
Have you checked all the components plugged in? A cable can come loose or even get damaged by movement, cleaning, pets, children, spillage etc.

If that careful checking and comparison with your Rega confirms it’s faulty, you can offer it as an eBay auction as ‘faulty or for parts’ or however they word it. Somebody handy with a soldering iron might get a bargain. Alternatively, try a repairer who isn’t Sugden if they’re too costly.

Welcome to the forum!

PS. Is the repair still under warranty?
Hi, thanks for your response
Yes everything is all connected well I'm sure of that. I suspect that it a faulty transformer but time for someone else to take over.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts