subwoofers for stereo music...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Big Chris:matengawhat:

i wouldn't be without my sub for music listening - i never turn it off!

Ditto.

Agree. Some good comments from Matt as well.

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:

im wondering if a sub will enhance music playback through my ma br5s , at the moment im using a sony bluray player to play cds through a yamaha rxv765 , ill be adding a sub , centre and sats in time ,

i was going to get a marantz cd6003 at the weekend , as im playing cds far more than watching movies lately , but now im wondering would i be better off getting a sub , and getting the cd player when money allows ,

does anyone have any views on which upgrade will enhance my music more in the short term ? sub or cd player ? thanks...

Try this old thread.

A

Anonymous

Ollie.:maxflinn:
im wondering if a sub will enhance music playback through my ma br5s , at the moment im using a sony bluray player to play cds through a yamaha rxv765 , ill be adding a sub , centre and sats in time ,

i was going to get a marantz cd6003 at the weekend , as im playing cds far more than watching movies lately , but now im wondering would i be better off getting a sub , and getting the cd player when money allows ,

does anyone have any views on which upgrade will enhance my music more in the short term ? sub or cd player ? thanks...

You seem to be very serious about your music. I sold a pair of BR5's just before Christmas, only because I got a new pair of RS6's for ?380. The BR5's are great speakers.. If you're buying the Marantz CD6003 from Munster Sounds at ?399.99 (price listed on their website), then I really don't think the RXV765 will do it justice musically. I was using a NAD C352 with my BR5's for stereo playback and it was a superb pairing, and compared to my Denon AV amp at the time the difference was night and day for music..You might look at picking up a C352 secondhand (?180ish), or Richersounds.ie are doing the updated version NAD C355BEE for £299.95 (reduced from £499.99). That a superb deal!! These are the best amps in this price range IMO (and nearly everyone elses). It's priced at ?599 on the Munster Sounds website. Richer Sounds are also doing the Marantz CD6003 for £250. But ring them up and you might even get a better deal, like free delivery or something..

I'm using an Arcam A85 amp and an Arcam CD192 with my RS6's and it's a fine pairing too. Monitor Audio and Arcam are always a great pairing. If you're living in the Cork area then you're more than welcome to try them out with your BR5's.

hi ollie , i wouldnt say im that serious about my music , ive always loved music of course , but its only two weeks ago that i got the br5s and yamaha amp , and ive loved listening to music on them , even on a bluray player through the yamaha ..

id kind of got used to watching tv and movies as relaxation , but im now mostly listening to music , which cant be a bad thing , i would like to do the speakers justice by getting the right setup for them , and achieve a great sound , hence this very helpful thread ..

ive noticed that many people reccomend the nad gear with MA , ill defo look into that idea further when ive a little money , and the arcam gear , three or four weeks hopefully , im picking up a MA centre and br1s as rears tmw in munstersounds ..

ill also look at the various suggestions for subs , as after reading through this thread , i can see that i may need to do quite a bit more homework to get the right components in place ..

cheers for your kind offer to try out my br5s with your amp , im actually in waterford so its a bit of a trot , but thanks anyway
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

thanks everyone for your helpful comments , i see theres a bit of study reqiuired on my part to get my system matched up correctly , more than i had realised
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

as regards munstersounds folks , i got a very good deal there , the yamaha amp and the br5s for e800 , tmw im getting a ma bronze centre and a pair of br1s for e300 , oh , i got all the speaker cable thrown in too , great prices , they even made up a nice cd for me , highly reccomended
emotion-11.gif

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:as regards munstersounds folks , i got a very good deal there , the yamaha amp and the br5s for e800 , tmw im getting a ma bronze centre and a pair of br1s for e300 , oh , i got all the speaker cable thrown in too , great prices , they even made up a nice cd for me , highly reccomended
emotion-11.gif

Good to hear Jack is looking after you max, i should have inserted a commission clause when i recommended Munster Sounds to you
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

Torres09:
maxflinn:as regards munstersounds folks , i got a very good deal there , the yamaha amp and the br5s for e800 , tmw im getting a ma bronze centre and a pair of br1s for e300 , oh , i got all the speaker cable thrown in too , great prices , they even made up a nice cd for me , highly reccomended
emotion-11.gif

Good to hear Jack is looking after you max, i should have inserted a commission clause when i recommended Munster Sounds to you
emotion-4.gif

at the rate im spending youd have been onto a nice little earner
emotion-4.gif
, ive picked up a bit of work lately , thank god , i might be back down to jack again in a week or so , im keeping my hifiitus nicely fed , in a couple of months ill have everything sorted , what do i do then ? ah , thats why monitor audio make a siver and gold range
emotion-3.gif
................help
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts