Subwoofer Isolation

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Has anyone tried the Auralex Gramma or Subdude under their subwoofer?

Wonder how it compared to granite or concrete slab isolation

Ok I know its only MDF with carpet and high density foam and you can buy materials and make your own isolation plat ,but by the time you add cost material , delivery and whatever cost you put onto your own time + it will look homemade I dont think there is much in it

Also there is the Auralex Speakerdude for isolation of your monitor speakers from their stands ,anyone tried these.?

Again I know blutack is cheaper but Im a mug , like most , for " Snake oil " products

A

Anonymous

DJEPSON:

As I am having considerable issue with my sub and my neighbour I tried standing it on a granite block and it made no difference and I have since been told that you need a soft or resilient material to prevent vibrations passing through to the floor. Unfortunately I have yet to solve the problem, although have had these recomended (is it ok to post this link?)

http://www.customaudiodesigns.co.uk/soundproofing/speaker_pads.htm

Thanks for the link

No user posted as yet , anyway I have now ordered a gramma which might work in your situation , and also dudes , I'll see how it goes

A

Anonymous

I use both the Auralex Gramma for my sub and the speakerdude for my center speaker, but how they do compare to the granite and or conrect slab, i don,t realy know...those are realy great product that helps increasing tone clarity and minimize floor vibration but just don,t expect too much .

To DJEPSON -the gramma it will isolate the sub from the floor but i will never isolate the bass from going to your neighbour! i have tried many different product and no one can do that , the only solution is to turn it down but i know where is the fun in having a subwoofer :( unless if you are willing to isolate the hole room, the bass will allways find it,s way going to your neigbhour,

A

Anonymous

These things are designed to prevent the floor acting as a sounding board, being directly vibrated by physical contact with the subwoofer. The idea is to make the bass tighter less muddied. They are not a form of sound proofing, as they do not absorb the bass frequencies travelling through the air and bouncing off the walls, floor, ceiling, etc... and given the long wavelength of bass frequencies travelling through things.

Personally I use a concrete paving slab under the subwoofer and a concrete block on top of the subwoofer. The idea is the concrete slab under the subwoofer is high density > difficult to vibrate, it reduces/prevents physical vibration travelling through it then via the carpet and underlay into the floorboards which would vibrate act as a soundboard. The concrete slab will refelct the sound waves hitting it into the air. The idea of the concrete block ontop of the subwoofer is to reduce/prevent physical vibration of the subwoofer housing itself, you only want the speaker cone to move shifting air.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts