Subwoofer help please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I want to purchase the B&W ASW610 Subwoofer, as recommended in the Mag, and have contacted two suppliers in my are and they have indicated that there were none in the UK (other than 1 Cherry colour) and B&W have indicated the early arrival would be Late May or mid June. Can anybody suggest a similar unit for around the same price £400. I need to match it with my Quad’s birds eye maple. Thanks
emotion-6.gif

Sliced Bread

I've not heard it so so I cannot comment, however if that is the sub you have your heart on I personally would wait if I was in your shoes. If you buy a different sub and it is not quite what you wanted you'll kick yourself
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

BKElec are rated quite well by some so might be worth a look.

alanalan

Apr 27, 2009
Visit site
If you don't want thunderous, window-shaking levels of output I think the MJ Acoustics are hard to beat for depth and control. If you do want it very loud the more powerful MJs are probably out of your price range.

A

Anonymous

Thanks All

Yes just need a subwoofer to back up what I have got. I put 5/6/7 analogue into my Denon amp (AVC-A11SR) from the blu-ray and the Denon just amplifies the signal and cannot change the configuration so need a sub to complete the surround sound.
emotion-15.gif

I have just seen the MJ Acoustics Pro50 Mk 2 for £299.95 delivered with 2 year warranty looks good, any comments please.

A

Anonymous

hi,

up until friday i had a cambridge audio S90 sub of which i thought was ok! then on friday my ASW610 in oak arrived, oh my god it's amazing!! the cambridge just seamed to rumble on and on, now the B&W is tight and detailed the bass is there when needed and gone when not! this seams a strange thing to say but there was bass present all the time with the cambridge!

i might add that i'm using a QED signature subwoofer cable @ £90.00 and a Clearer Audio Alpha power cable with better plugs and 2 super supressors attached! Both i think, hear and feel make the difference!

I would wait for the B&W it's all that the review says it is!

A

Anonymous

Id go down the BK route...The monolith will go deeper and louder than the B&W with just as much control for the same money although it is a little larger.....

PS i belive that BK manufacture MJ acustics subs, or some of them at least.

A

Anonymous

garethwd

I have looked at the BK web site and am interested in the XLS200 mk2 orXLS300PR, the Monolith would be great but I have to compromise on size.

Has anybody any comments please.

A

Anonymous

Yeah it's as thick as my leg! lol, i had their standard performance cable prior to this one and believe it or not you can tell the difference!

Don't you think as a hobby you should spend as much as you want on your kit?

go on try one, it's awesome!

coolaboola

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi There.The bk 300 is a fantastic sub.My dad has had one for a good while now and I'm just about to order one for myself.I've watched plenty of movies on HD master audio off blu ray and it rocks.I've just moved into a new house and before the big move I brought my cambridge audio 840 amp dac magic and monitor audio rs1 around to hook it up to the sub.My hi-fi needed some lower level definition and presence.I was astonished.Fast, tight bass that integrates really well..I ran it for a week and the best thing was it didn't effect my dads onkyo 806 av set up as he had the sub connected to the lower mono connection.

My new set up will connect an onkyo 876 av amp(most likely) and my c.a amp to this sub and I can't wait.I would never get the monolith past the missus.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
petesneds:

Yeah it's as thick as my leg! lol, i had their standard performance cable prior to this one and believe it or not you can tell the difference!

Don't you think as a hobby you should spend as much as you want on your kit?

go on try one, it's awesome!
I have tried a few sub cables over the years and can't tell the difference between any of them. I use a QED one myself but if 'upgrading' would go with something from Mark Grant as I don't think you can get better for the money and they certainly do not cost anywhere near £90!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts