Sub woofer ringing noise

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So as you guys know I have my Cambridge audio connected via the 5.1 ch in using analouge cables to my AV unit.

Problem

I can hear a ringing noise coming from the Sub everytime I send a test tone to it using the Bluray setup up. Nothing like this occurs with the test tone through the AV unit.

I have used the 700AUD phono cable to connect the Cambridge Audio Sub Out to the back of the AV. Could this be the problem?

The sound is a ringing noise, almost like an old 56k modem dialing up.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Sounds like the two test tones are slightly different frequencies, so one might be exciting something within the sub. Make sure that the ringing you're hearing isn't from something nearby - I once had a similar thing while I was watching films and listening to music - it turned out to be my speaker stands as they weren't filled. With the test tone on, grab hold of anything nearby that is metal and see if it stops.

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I think you are right about the test tones they are different. I have tried to hold onto things, but I am 100% sure its the sub now. So I have ordered a QED signature sub cable, lets see if that will make a difference. I know it probably wont, but its one option for now.

Also I don't know about you David but I find the volume on the PV1 needs to be turned up for Analogue connections, its not as loud. If I leave the volume half way it's underwhelming and needs to be up to around the 2 o'clock mark to start having impact.

But the music side of things cant be faulted, especially darkside of the moon on SACD!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts