Stylus/cartridge replacement for Reloop RP2000M?

stephen butterfield

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Anone got any advise on replacing a Reloop turntable Stylus as I am not a DJ and just want to play vinyl for personal use ,the cartridge and stylus is the standard one that comes with it when bought and I think it's meant for scratching etc.and is very treble oriented. Was wondering if there is a better one for standard use.

D

Deleted member 108165

stephen butterfield said:
Anone got any advise on replacing a Reloop turntable Stylus as I am not a DJ and just want to play vinyl for personal use ,the cartridge and stylus is the standard one that comes with it when bought and I think it's meant for scratching etc.and is very treble oriented. Was wondering if there is a better one for standard use.

I know how to fit a cart but I'm unsure as to which cart I could recommend as I don't have too much knowledge as to what is good vfm and what isn't. All I can say is that your current cart should be replaced asap as it has recommended tracking weight of 5 grams and as far as I'm concerned that is far too heavy for precious vinyl, keep away from all DJ carts.

I'm sure others will be along soon with some options for you.

These are indeed cheap turntables in a DJ style and the cartridge is a rebadged Ortofon OM10 I am led to believe.

It pretty much depends on how much you want to spend.

D

Deleted member 108165

What would you recommend if I held a gun to your head

That's not quite the response to make friends on here Stephen *bomb*

Al is a brilliant guy, and probably knows more than you and I will ever know about vinyl playback. You are in need of help so I would suggest a more gentlemanly approach.

Basically what we are both saying is that the Reloop deck is pants but maybe with a reasonable cart it could be improved, but please realise you're never gonna make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

stephen butterfield

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
No offense doug calm down...t's just a turn of phrase, meaning what would you do in my situation ,not that you would be ,but I am a complete novice and am in need of an answer,straight answer,I'm obviously not going to get anymore advise than get a better deck which is OK end of.but if you don't know the answer to the question then don't say anything ,this is meant to be a forum not a stage for you to patronise and be condescending ...... and pull your tongue out of Al's arse as well ,I'm sure he's a big enough boy to answer for Himself! I'm not here to make friends either !so you can report this to your chums and go back to listening to some middle of the road rock on your £100,000 set ups man . Haha

No offense doug calm down...t's just a turn of phrase, meaning what would you do in my situation ,not that you would be ,but I am a complete novice and am in need of an answer,straight answer,I'm obviously not going to get anymore advise than get a better deck which is OK end of.but if you don't know the answer to the question then don't say anything ,this is meant to be a forum not a stage for you to patronise and be condescending ...... and pull your tongue out of Al's arse as well ,I'm sure he's a big enough boy to answer for Himself! I'm not here to make friends either !so you can report this to your chums and go back to listening to some middle of the road rock on your £100,000 set ups man . Haha

I am indeed big enough to answer for myself and would normally do so with pleasure. However you appear to have a bit of an attitude problem this will not get yoiu very far on this forum or indeed in life.

I'm pretty sure you can work this problem out for yourself.

stephen butterfield

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Won't be using this forum again because it's full of snobs and your chum was rude to me first I think you've got the attitude problem , of course I can work it out for myself same as every other question on these forums by everyone who can do the same ,and i know its a cheap turntable but that wasnt the question,its free for someone elses use ,it was trying to help them,anyhow not that it matters to you .goodbye Mr hi fi. And you realise you both keep answering each others posts ? Wierd

Motto.....always take tips on getting far in life from people on hi fi forums .hahaha

Won't be using this forum again because it's full of snobs and your chum was rude to me first I think you've got the attitude problem , of course I can work it out for myself same as every other question on these forums by everyone who can do the same ,and i know its a cheap turntable but that wasnt the question,its free for someone elses use ,it was trying to help them,anyhow not that it matters to you .goodbye Mr hi fi. And you realise you both keep answering each others posts ? Wierd

Motto.....always take tips on getting far in life from people on hi fi forums .hahaha

Please yourself. Nothing weird about it, at least we were the only two people who bothered to reply to your question. We try to assist but if the OP is going to take offense in any way then I am not going to waste my time.

PS: I didn't take offense to the 'gun to head' comment because I understood what you meant.

I didn't call your turntable pants and would have suggested a decent cartridge for it if you hadn't attacked another forum member (which is against house rules by the way).

Another tip: If you're going to use words like weird learn how to spell them

stephen butterfield

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Ha ha ,so what's dougs problem with the gun to head thing then?he took offence on your behalf when there wasn't any ?and was rude to me ! Read it back !yes you are right you did bother to answer and for that I am greatful to you both ,my apologies ( thanks for the inglish tips as well).

Bye for now old bean .

D

Deleted member 108165

Okay, maybe I was out of order so here's an olive branch for ya. Look at some Audio Technica carts in your price range but keep away from anything that says for DJ use as these are not for hi-fi and tend to have a very high tracking force requirement, (try to keep the spec for recommended tracking force under 3g). This is where my knowledge falls apart as the cheapest cart I've owned was a 2M Red.

As you say you are a novice so purchasing the cartridge is the easy part, fitting it and setting it up correctly is something very different and that is where you will need help.

As for all the comments, sticks and stones may break my bones and all that...

Ha ha ,so what's dougs problem with the gun to head thing then?he took offence on your behalf when there wasn't any ?and was rude to me ! Read it back !yes you are right you did bother to answer and for that I am greatful to you both ,my apologies ( thanks for the inglish tips as well).

Bye for now old bean .

No he wasn't. Read what he said again and he is clearly just stating a fact. It was you that took offence and retalliated.

How different people react to statements about guns to heads is going to be down to the individual.

It doesn't bother me as I've experienced it for real...tah, tah!

...and less of the 'old'... :)

daytona600

RP2000M have one in my 2nd system & actually a giant killer

replace cartridge with a 2M Red , use a 2M Black on mine

replace the mat with a funk acromat & decent clamp/weight as the cast platter rings like a bell

result a giant killer

D

Deleted member 108165

daytona600 said:

replace the mat with a funk acromat & decent clamp/weight as the cast platter rings like a bell

result a giant killer

That 2M Black is totally wasted on a Reloop, 2M Blue max, and even that's pushing it. And no I am not a snob as I had the Pioneer Hanpin clone so I know what I'm talking about.

DougK said:
daytona600 said:

result a giant killer

That 2M Black is totally wasted on a Reloop, 2M Blue max, and even that's pushing it. And no I am not a snob as I had the Pioneer Hanpin clone so I know what I'm talking about.

Well done for admitting that DougK, many would not.

Everyone has to start somewhere but its often a good idea to really think about what you are going to buy / upgrade potential / selling on potential before you do part with hard-earned cash. More often than not saving up for a little bit longer pays dividends in the end.

Even if the 2M Black is half decent it isn't going to turn a lump of coal into a diamond.

To be honest I cannot understand why anyone would consider adding a platter mat (£58) and a 2M Black (£475) to a 249 Euro turntable. I assume Daytona600 was jesting.

Hope that didn't sound snobbish...it wasn't meant to be, just realistic.

brownz

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

Sir needs the Ortofon 2M Red Plug and Play in their life. Can be picked up for around €110 or cheaper if shopping around. Plugs directly into the end of your tonearm, no faffing around required. Just buy a cheap set of digital stylus weight scales from fleabay to set it up correctly, and you'll be laughing all the way to the record shop.

peter B

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi stephen. I can understand your issue, if you are not familiar with turntables and cartridges. I personaly would not spend to much on a cartridge for this style of deck. I would be looking at a Audio technica AT95e at the bottom end and no more than an ortofon 2m red at the top end. If you take the headshell to a Supetfi or richar sounds I am confident that they will help in the supply and fitting for you.These will track at 2.5 grams or less and give good service for a number of years. Hope this helps

peter B said:
Hi stephen. I can understand your issue, if you are not familiar with turntables and cartridges. I personaly would not spend to much on a cartridge for this style of deck. I would be looking at a Audio technica AT95e at the bottom end and no more than an ortofon 2m red at the top end. If you take the headshell to a Supetfi or richar sounds I am confident that they will help in the supply and fitting for you.These will track at 2.5 grams or less and give good service for a number of years. Hope this helps

Welcome to the forum Peter. Perhaps you are one of the few that realise that although vinyl seems to be the 'must have' for some people these days, to get the very best out of the format there is no alternative to spending money. It cannot be done on the cheap, unlike a CD player.

There are a few basic turntables whose tonearms can take an expensive cartridge, the Reloops of this world are not one of these.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts